• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

VE's Shackled City Team GUTS

Valors_End

First Post
Your newly formed party decides to take the conversation outside on this late autumn evening. With no destination in mind, your travels lead you down Lava Street towards the Lantern Street Orphanage. The once pleasant weather has changed and a wretched drizzle falls from the ash-gray sky.

The crowded, rain-slicked buildings seem especially bleak and frightful this evening, hunched together beneath the gloomy skies. A few lights burn in their windows, but mostly their shutters have been closed for the night. The scent of chimney smoke fills the air, and the din of water trundles from the rooftops, splashing into dark alleys and turning street gutters into rivulets. A sudden, plaintive cry for help from a nearby alley splits the evening air.

You hear the sounds of a scuffle and cursing from the same nearby alleyway.

[sblock=All]Assuming you’re the heroic type , a move action will be enough to reach the alley’s entrance. It is 10 feet wide and 60 feet long, opening into the street at either end. Like many alleys in Cauldron, it slopes toward the center of town at a fairly steep 15 degree angle; steps have been carved into the alleyway in many places to ease progress along its length. Two-story buildings loom on both sides.[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Delkat Krotan, Cleric of Pelor

"And that is why a divine source is always preferable..." Delkat stops midsentence, the sinewy priest's ears pick up a cry for help.

"Do you hear that? Sounds like something unfriendly is happening around the corner, I'm going to take a look."

The priest quickly moves towards the corner of the alleyway to get a better look, his morningstar still swinging from his hip.

OOC: Would our characters be armed and armored? If we meet every week at the tavern, it doesn't sound like we would show up in all our adventuring gear...

Valors_End

First Post
Grimm and Delkat round the corner. Within, they see two figures assaulting a third, who lies face down on the wet cobblestones. One of the attackers lifts the victim by the hood of his cloak and trusts him against a wall as another growls, “Stay away from the orphanage, you got that?

A lookout stands at the opposite end of the alley.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/Valors_End/asault.jpg

[sblock=In the alleyway]The two attackers stand over the fallen man in the middle of the alleyway. Thirty feet between Grimm / Delkat and the attackers, the lookout is an additional 30 feet away.[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Delkat Krotan

Without a word, Delkat draws his morningstar and advances upon the scene -- not trying to alert the attackers, but also not trying to sneak.

His eyes darting between the attackers and the lookout, Delkat saw a wrong that needed to be corrected.

OOC: Initiative (if needed at this point)
Initiative (1d20+1=13)

drothgery

First Post
Ariel catches up to Grimm and Delkat, sliding a few feet of steel from her back to her hand as she runs.

"What do we have here?" The White Raven apprentice says.

[sblock=OOC]
If I'm going to miss things because I was in a meeting @work for a couple of hours, I'm going to drop. I can handle posting once or twice a day. I can't do a psuedo-IM game.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn watches Delkat, Grimm, and Ariel creep into the alley from the gloomy recesses of her charcoal grey cowled cloak...pulled up over her head in this drizzling rain. She tugs the dark cloak around herself more tightly.

"Oh no," the conjurer says wryly, "a random stranger needs help. We may never get where we're going, but if we save everyone in the city I guess that'll include the kidnappees by default."

She sighs and walks to the alley entrance as well to see what they do.

ethandrew

First Post
Hedowann looks around the legs of everyone to witness the scene in the alleyway. His face turns grim and nods at the conjurer's words, "Cynics make this world go round, Thorn. Your wisdom astounds me, but surely we cannot just watch while this happens in our own town." He stays back while the other more physical types shield him, just the way he likes.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Simon

Simon, looking confused, bounds toward the alleyway as well. He draws and nocks his bow as he goes. Upon sighting the figures he tries to recognize them and their alliegiances. If he knows they are not friends he takes a shot at one of them.

[sblock=ooc]If the pair standing standing over the citizen are not in melee I will shoot at one of them, if not I will shoot at the lookout. I am not appling Point blank shot, so apply to attack/damage as necessary. Init: 8 17 to hit If a 17 hits I'll use one of my three inspiration points on damage(included in roll). 6 damage if it hits Knowledge Local to identify thugs/citizen allegiance/groups [/sblock]

Remove ads