Planescape Planescape "Cutters" adventure

Fathead

First Post
Anyone know where I can get a copy of this? "Cutters" was run as the D&D Open event a few years ago, and I haven't seen it since. Any help would be appreciated!

guedo79

Explorer
I don't know where you can find it but I tell you it wasn't a published book or adventure. I've got the whole collection and haven't seen it before.

Was it the first adventure run for planescape? There was one I've got somewhere that was the first planescape adventure used at Gencon to introduce Planescape.

Fathead

First Post
It was an adventure written by Chris Perkins. Here is an excerpt from an interview with him, in which the adventure is mentioned:

"Encouraged by my earlier work, the RPGA® Network asked me to design a three-round AD&D Open tournament based on the PLANESCAPE® Campaign Setting. The result was a titanic trilogy of adventures collectively titled "Cutters." At close to 75,000 words, it's the longest thing I've ever written, and probably the best thing I've written as a freelancer. TSR was in financial turmoil at the time, so I wrote the adventure for free. The "Cutters" trilogy is mostly set in Sigil and takes place prior to the events chronicled in Faction War. The plot involves heroes from various factions working together to achieve a common goal-preventing the return of a not-quite-dead faction called the Incanterium. It's a matter of personal pride that I was able to incorporate over one-third of the NPCs from the Uncaged: Faces of Sigil accessory into the "Cutters" trilogy. I also found room to include the Lady of Pain in one climactic scene."

Remove ads