D&D 5E Planescape shows up in the wild. Tease from Chris Perkins.

darjr

I crit!
Except those aren't official, that matters to alot of people.
Maybe. I don’t hear that complaint a lot anyway.

Mostly when I talk to people they often are surprised by what’s available at DMSGuild. Some of those folks have been authors who have things at DMSGuild. Some were even adepts.

I think it’s a combination of snowblindness or analysis paralysis and DMSguilds advertising not working well. Oh and not being in stores or in Amazon, strangely.

Mostly when I talk to people they often are surprised by what’s available at DMSGuild. Some of those folks have been authors who have things at DMSGuild. Some were even adepts.

I think it’s a combination of snowblindness or analysis paralysis and DMSguilds advertising not working well. Oh and not being in stores or in Amazon, strangely.

Alot of FR fans want an official, proper campaign setting book like Eberron got, not fan fiction.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Discovery is a problem, for One Bookshelf in general.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Alot of FR fans want an official, proper campaign setting book like Eberron got, not fan fiction.
But again, WotC isn't going to change their plans, so unfortunately it just doesn't matter. If it makes you feel any better, had Eberron been released for 5e now instead of years ago (when they had a different design thrust) it likely would have been more like Spelljammer in its format, complete with incompleteness.

How I wish settings I cared about had been published when Eberron was, instead of now.

But again, WotC isn't going to change their plans, so unfortunately it just doesn't matter. If it makes you feel any better, had Eberron been released for 5e now instead of years ago (when they had a different design thrust) it likely would have been more like Spelljammer in its format, complete with incompleteness.

How I wish settings I cared about had been published when Eberron was, instead of now.

They change their plans all the time. They changed their plan to end the OGL. They changed their plans to buy D&D Beyond and changed their plans further to create a new minor edition change to blackmail the owners of D&D Beyond into selling it to them. They likely had plans for DADHAT sequels that will likely never happen. Heck they have piles of scrapped books they planned to do, but abandoned.

I suspect Planescape will see a much shift in design towards deeper lore then Planescape.

Edit: I meant deeper lore then Spelljammer got.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They change their plans all the time. They changed their plan to end the OGL. They changed their plans to buy D&D Beyond and changed their plans further to create a new minor edition change to blackmail the owners of D&D Beyond into selling it to them. They likely had plans for DADHAT sequels that will likely never happen. Heck they have piles of scrapped books they planned to do, but abandoned.

I suspect Planescape will see a much shift in design towards deeper lore then Planescape.

Lantana is probsvly one of the biggest loose threads in 5E: lots of hints at a future Adventure for a few years, and...nothing yet.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast

They made all those changes because they believed that it would cost them money not to. That's their guiding star.

Remove ads