Plausible Deathtraps

rbingham2000

Explorer
You heard me right. I want ideas for deathtraps that most villains could set up without too much trouble and/or money, but that don't smack of James Bond cheesiness (that means no converging walls, pendulums, shark-pits or other such fare).

Examples of what I'm looking for:
  • Being trapped in a burning tenement complex.
  • Being sent to "sleep with the fishes," Mafia-style.
  • Being tied up on a runaway train bound for the edge of a cliff.
Just simple stuff like that.

A room that, when the door swings shut, poison gas pumps into the room. It could simply be a chamber where the military trains soldiers to experience tear gas, or it could be a facility for a pesticide company to experiment on new products.

Thanee

First Post
You are not looking for spring traps, but actually for humiliating methods the villain could send the PC to death with, which in turn allow the PC to get free somehow?

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
The good old... bury them into the ground, only leaving the head stick out, near an ant colony and decorate them with honey.

Or just bind them to a tree in the desert (uhm, that's my idea, the conan movie stole it from me ;)).

Bye
Thanee

rbingham2000

Explorer
arscott said:
Are we talking fantasy, modern, or other?
I mainly had modern in mind.

And as for some more:
  • Being locked in the trunk of a car that is then pushed into the harbor.
  • Being locked in a casket and buried alive.
  • Being locked in a casket that is then thrown into the water (much in the vein of the first one).
  • Being locked in a casket and sent to the crematorium to be fried alive (this one was featured in one of the earlier Bond movies, IIRC, and was one of the few deathtraps 007 had to be rescued from).

GreyShadow

Explorer
Tied up in a light aircraft on auto pilot, low on fuel at night heading over the ocean away from all lights on the night of the new moon. Oh, while the villians favourite music plays from a cd player. :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Tied to an abandoned wharf pylon at low tide in a place where high tide is quite high.

Handcuffed to a pipe in an abandoned factory / warehouse / etc. -- this one could take a while.

Thrown into an abandoned mine, and then the enterance is blown up (collapsed). -- First Blood!

Dressed up as a Red Sox fan, and then dropped into a Yankee's crowd.

-- N

GreyShadow

Explorer
;) The villian bribes people to get them listed as extremely dangerous serial killers on America's Most Wanted. Then hires a couple of bounty hunters.

Remove ads