D&D 5E Players Want to Set Up a Shop in Port Nyanzaru

Yenrak

Explorer
Thanks for the suggestion! We watched a film on Yanomamo when I was in school, ifrc. Anyway, I don’t think they could support even a small city with their lifestyle. What do these merchant princes trade, given the low level of production in Chult? I’m more and more thinking it is serves as a money laundering, banking, and clearing house for pirates, brigands, and even some merchants bringing things from the east to the sworrd coast and vice versa.

Yenrak

Explorer
I was just searching for some more ideas about the economics of Chult and came across this thread. A thread I started two years ago!

We're still in Chult. The party just returned to Nyanzaru from Omu. They still want to become traders in Chultan goods to the North.

Maybe your characters have the support of the Flaming Fist & Baldurs Gate behind them? Not sure off the top of my head what the relationship is between Chult and Baldurs Gate. I just recall a couple Flaming Fist outposts being near. Also, how do the Yuan-ti feel about the characters? Surely their spy network has taken notice of the new comers.

Weiley31

Legend
As mentioned before, Acquisitions Incorporated has rules/subsystems for running a business/franchise for your 5E games. Tome of Heroes by Kobold Press also has rules in it for managing a Trade Company too.

aco175

Legend
Hook up with an Amnian fleet sailing to Maztica and figure out how to smuggle out coffee seedlings to plant in the Chult and start a plantation. Coffee would be worth a ton in Waterdeep.

Yenrak

Explorer
Maybe your characters have the support of the Flaming Fist & Baldurs Gate behind them? Not sure off the top of my head what the relationship is between Chult and Baldurs Gate. I just recall a couple Flaming Fist outposts being near. Also, how do the Yuan-ti feel about the characters? Surely their spy network has taken notice of the new comers.
Good ideas! Thanks! In my Chult, the Flaming Fists are led by a Yuan-Ti imposter. The players discovered this but decided they were fine with it. Could make a trading alliance interesting.

Remove ads