D&D (2024) Playtest 6 Survey is Open

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I vented my thoughts on the short rest nova monk but am uncertain if my distaste there can be set aside to jump through hoops on the rest where there are a few things I do feel warmly enough.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Rogue is good.
Druid is almost all good.
Paladin is almost all good.

I hope people praise the good along with bashing the bad. There is some really good stuff in this packet and I'd hate to see it all thrown out because people are upset about some other stuff in there.
I agree that there probably is "some really good stuff" in there but it's like going out to eat. It doesn't matter how good the main course is if you order a meal when the side dish comes with botulism & E.coli. Wotc has made clear that their target market is the food poisoning connoisseur & that removing the arsenic from packet5 warlock was not a lesson learned or is something we can expect them to bring back to some degree. I don't have faith in wotc's plan to begin bolting on GM needs after the fact in the DMG once everything else has been designed by munchkin for munchkin.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I agree that there probably is "some really good stuff" in there but it's like going out to eat. It doesn't matter how good the main course is if you order a meal when the side dish comes with botulism & E.coli. Wotc has made clear that their target market is the food poisoning connoisseur & that removing the arsenic from packet5 warlock was not a lesson learned or is something we can expect them to bring back to some degree. I don't have faith in wotc's plan to begin bolting on GM needs after the fact in the DMG once everything else has been designed by munchkin for munchkin.
Man I am so tired of that stupid inapplicable analogy. No, it really isn't like going out to eat. It's nothing like going out to eat. There are some good things and bad things and they're asking you to rate each one in detail - not consume them, but make a judgement call on each one. Saying it's all bad because you're upset about the bad elements hurts the good stuff. You are as responsible for good stuff being tossed out when you do that as you are for bad stuff being tossed out. More importantly you're part of a community and when you trash stuff you actually think is good which you know your peers like a lot just because you're upset about stuff you don't like, you're harming those peers.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Man I am so tired of that stupid inapplicable analogy. No, it really isn't like going out to eat. It's nothing like going out to eat.
Continue the analogy to the part about the E.coli & botulism in the side dish. It is applicable because it doesn't matter if there is 50% less E.coli & botulism when that's still an obviously unacceptable amount to deliberately include.

There are some good things and bad things and they're asking you to rate each one in detail - not consume them, but make a judgement call on each one. Saying it's all bad because you're upset about the bad elements hurts the good stuff. You are as responsible for good stuff being tossed out when you do that as you are for bad stuff being tossed out. More importantly you're part of a community and when you trash stuff you actually think is good which you know your peers like a lot just because you're upset about stuff you don't like, you're harming those peers.

It doesn't matter what good is in the packet because 2014's short rest nova class design was toxic enough to fix it in warlock in the packet immediately prior to this one where it was preserved. The fly speed changes are channeling the same sort of appear to fix the letter of a problem by doing something that taking deliberate pains to avoid doing anything that will actually fix the problem. There is too much toxic in this packet to avoid being lethal to any possible good elsewhere.

Maybe when we start seeing videos doing the post survey breakdowns on packet5 & wotc's responses there it might be justified to jump through the hoops, but packet 6 dug a very deep hole.

Last edited:

Remove ads