Podcast #91: Professional Dungeon Masters

This week, Morrus and Peter discuss professional Dungeon Masters including a hands-on review of hiring someone to run a Dungeons & Dragons game for you. In the news, Fantasy Flight’s roleplaying games and the Lord of the Rings licenses have both found new homes, new information about Baldur’s Gate 3, the top 5 bestselling RPGs, Origins Award nominees announced, Ed Greenwood returning to write...

This week, Morrus and Peter discuss professional Dungeon Masters including a hands-on review of hiring someone to run a Dungeons & Dragons game for you. In the news, Fantasy Flight’s roleplaying games and the Lord of the Rings licenses have both found new homes, new information about Baldur’s Gate 3, the top 5 bestselling RPGs, Origins Award nominees announced, Ed Greenwood returning to write Forgotten Realms, and more! Plus a brand new sketch about how dire a dire badger actually is.

prodm.png

Subscribe on iTunes | Google Play | YouTube | TuneIn | Stitcher | Blubrry | Podbean | Spotify | Android

News

The One Ring/Adventures in Middle-earth License Goes to Free League The One Ring/Adventures in Middle-earth License Goes to Free League

Latest ICv2 Stats Sees Free League’s Alien RPG Sneak into the Top 5 Latest ICv2 Stats Sees Free League's 'Alien' RPG Sneak Into Top 5!

News Digest for the Week of March 13 (Baldur’s Gate 3, Chaosium and Chris Spivey part ways on sci-fi RPG, Starfinder FAQ website updated, WizKids Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures) News Digest for the Week of March 13

FFG Star Wars and Other Roleplaying Games Aren’t Going Away After All FFG Star Wars & Other Roleplaying Games Aren't Going Away After All

Origins Award Nominees for 2020 Origins Awards Nominees Include Alien, Pathfinder, And More!

Goodman Games Reincarnating X2 Castle Amber 5E - Goodman Games is Reincarnating Castle Amber

The Troubleshooters: 60’s Cartoon Themed RPG The Troubleshooters: 60's Cartoon Themed RPG

Ed Greenwood and Alex Kammer Working on The Border Kingdoms Ed Greenwood & Alex Kammer Working On 'The Border Kingdoms'

One Page Adventure: Flight of the Almost Dragons One Page Adventure: Flight of the Almost Dragons

Baldur’s Gate 3 AMA (EN World forum discussion) Baldur's Gate 3 AMA

RPG Crowdfunding News RPG Crowdfunding News – Ptolus, Stibbles Codex of Companions, Pasión de las Pasiones, and more

-------------------

Professional Dungeonmasters

Wired Magazine Article It’s a Living: Meet One of New York’s Best Professional D&D Dungeon Masters

Dungeon Master for Hire Homepage (San Francisco) San Francisco Dungeon Master

-------------------

Hosts: Russ “Morrus” Morrissey and Peter Coffey

Editing and post-production: Darryl Mott

Kickstarter News Column used for the Kickstarter Game: Egg Embry

Theme Song: Steve Arnott

Kickstarter Game Theme: Lyrics by Russ Morrissey, Vocals by “drwilko”, Guitar by Darryl Mott

Malach the Maleficent played by Darren Morrissey

Please support the show on Patreon at Morrus’ Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk is creating tabletop RPG podcasts | Patreon

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Envisioner

Explorer
I know what you mean, but not this one. It's a lot of news because it's a RPG news podcast. There is a also a short skit, plus a topic or guest. Morrus and Peter"s banter doesn't eat up large chunks of the podcast.

I don't listen to a lot of podcasts, but this is one of them.

But it doesn't advertise itself as news. The headline on this post was "Professional GMs?", so that's what I showed up to find out about, and I had to sit through like an hour of boring industry buzz, plus an admittedly entertaining skit, before I got to the main thing they were supposed to be talking about. It's like if you walk into a store that has "CUPCAKES!!!" as the only sign out in front, and then they spend ten minutes trying to convince you to buy auto insurance before they'll let you go back and look at the bakery case.

Waller

Legend
But it doesn't advertise itself as news. The headline on this post was "Professional GMs?", so that's what I showed up to find out about, and I had to sit through like an hour of boring industry buzz, plus an admittedly entertaining skit, before I got to the main thing they were supposed to be talking about. It's like if you walk into a store that has "CUPCAKES!!!" as the only sign out in front, and then they spend ten minutes trying to convince you to buy auto insurance before they'll let you go back and look at the bakery case.
It's the official podcast of an RPG news website, the title of which is at the top of the page. Here's how it advertises itself on the podcast web page:

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.41.12 PM.png

If you're not into RPG news, and RPG news podcast probably isn't the podcast for you.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads