Politics And Gaming Subforum or Tag?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I’m trying to be constructive here as there’s very much I disagree with but will refrain from commenting on. So constructive suggestion: Perhaps it would help if what politics and religion meant to this site was spelled out somewhere, because the definition being used is not at all obvious to many people here IMO

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I’m trying to be constructive here as there’s very much I disagree with but will refrain from commenting on. So constructive suggestion: Perhaps it would help if what politics and religion meant to this site was spelled out somewhere, because the definition being used is not at all obvious to many people here IMO

People would then just argue over the definition provided, or try to find loopholes. I think people understand the gist well enough, and if you keep wanting to touch the fire, eventually you'll get burnt.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
People would then just argue over the definition provided, or try to find loopholes. I think people understand the gist well enough, and if you keep wanting to touch the fire, eventually you'll get burnt.
Add an addendum to the Terms of Use - or re-write a few existing sentences if need be - so a new poster can read The Rules and afterwards 'what you expect is what you get'. RAW vs RAI vs RAE (rules as experienced) should align.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Mistwell, thank you for your input. Please be aware that it comes across as if it were based on a fundamental assumption of our ignorance, and our inability to think through our own statements in the current socio-political context.

If you had responded to the rest of my post, I would appreciate that sentiment better. What I wrote to you was thoughtful, and I took time and care with it. It looks like you hand waived it and dismissed it with this response.

Mistwell

FWIW, we use the term "religion" in a very specific way, too. There's a no religion rule. But we still talk about the Satanic Panic, the Crusades, or the influence of Mormonism in Dragonlance without to many issues. I think Umbran was doing a good job explaining what "politics" means here.

But if it doesn't mean that to the person he was replying to, then it's not meaningful communication.

Mistwell

That was my point.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog

Some would sure. Some people will argue with anything. I don’t think those are the only people that don’t currently get it though.

Remove ads