Poll of the Week: What's the best gift for your GM?

The holidays are coming up so it's time to start thinking about what to buy your fellow gamers, especially the critically underappreciated game master in your life. But what to buy? Take this poll and let us know!

The holidays are coming up so it's time to start thinking about what to buy your fellow gamers, especially the critically underappreciated game master in your life. But what to buy? Take this poll and let us know!

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

Jeff Carpenter

Adventurer
One of those make you own coupon books with ones that say " I will give up on my 15 minute argument about why I should receive a +1 bonus for some nonsensical interpretation of the rules" and "I forgive you that your forget to take an action for one of you fiveteen enemies you are running and let you retrocon it" or "I'll stop trying to justify a skill I don't have based on my 20 page backstory I'm sure you didn't read" or " I accept it's a game about elves and that the rules don't always follow real world physics and shut up about it. "

Von Ether

Legend
Rulebook that for once I don't have to buy. Though the odds are if a player gets me a rule book, there will be an ulterior motive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Theme music! And I want it played every time I leave or enter the room, and when I make a ruling predicated on your poor character decisions and life choices. And when I make a roll that will ultimately decide if your character will survive the next round of combat, or if you will be rolling up another hapless adventurer because your parley attempts have offended the uber-trolls daughter.

And pyro if you can find it in the budget.

rknop

Adventurer
A group spirit and a willingness to go along with the story that the GM and the rest of the players are trying to create. The ability to have your own character be an individual without making that individual so uncompromising that you refuse to accept another character, or to play the game that is there. Willingness to make a character that fits with the genre. Making your character effective without trying to break the scenario because it's "hilarious".

This is the best gift you can give your GM.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Gift cards to your local FLGS or to the OneBookShelf family of sites (DriveThruRpg, RpgNow, DmsGuild, etc.) or to Amazon. Getting specific books for your GM is always tricky - they may already have it or someone else might also be getting it for them for Christmas. A gift card allows them to buy what they think they need, which is always nice.

And if your GM also hosts your games at their home, food and alcohol always make great gifts at the holidays.

imagineGod

Legend
All the gifts in the poll are nice to have, though helping a GM who already spends a fair bit on rulebooks, get a few more from the Players, offers the wonderful feeling of a truly collaborative experience.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads