• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Powers that stop scars from happening ?

Rashak Mani

First Post
Should Shapechangers and Lycanthropes have no scars ? Druids included ?
Druids afterall they heal damage when they revert to their original forms.

Fasthealing and regeneration too ?

Could this be used to "find out" these sorts of creatures in game ?

All that is completely up to the DM and his players. Some players like their characters to be physically attractive, and having a host of scars mucking up their good looks can be detrimental to the very idea of their character. Other players like their characters to have a mass of scars to add to the 'grim' factor that those characters possess... So there is no hard and fast rule for such things.

If you are the DM, talk it over with your players. You could suggest that wounds that heal naturally leave scars and those that are healed magically do not. You could further separate wounds healed by regeneration, fast healing, and so on...

If you are a player, ask your DM about it. Having a way to identify shapechangers through knowledge and cleverness rather than through magic or some other means is a good thing, but it might throw a shoe into the DMs gearbox...

Later
silver

Jack Simth

First Post
Do bear in mind, though, that in real life, different people scar differently. With some, there's negligible scaring even for rather deep wounds. Others scar blatantly over almost nothing.

Of course, anyone doing a proper impersonation will fake up the scars, too. As would anyone wanting to "pass" for a normal. So even if shapeshifter's didn't scar when everyone else did, you'd only find the ones that weren't really trying to hide....

domino

First Post
Given that there's no in game mechanic for scarring, there's no real in game mechanic for not scarring. It's more or less up to the GM and players.

Dross

Explorer
Michael Silverbane said:
.....wounds that heal naturally leave scars and those that are healed magically do not.

This is what I do for my NPCs and on occassion my PCs (although these are usually cured magically). Not all naturally healed wounds leave scars, but it does increas the verisimilitude of the game.

As fir IDing shapechanges, there is nothing to say that the change does or does not include scars. DM/group needs to decide.

frankthedm

First Post
Wounds completly cured by the first curing spell cast on the person form no scars. If the wound remains, it closes partially and will scar as if healed through time if it recieves curing after that.

werk

First Post
domino said:
Given that there's no in game mechanic for scarring, there's no real in game mechanic for not scarring. It's more or less up to the GM and players.

This is my reply as well.

If I were going to write scarring into my campaign, it would be based on the damage from the attack (needs to be enough to leave a visible scar) and the amount of natural healing (which creates the scar).

Too much bookkeeping for me, everyone has supermodel skin IMC.

Remove ads