• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PPvsPP: Hand of God Arena(Up:cov,atriden,sessadore)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Out of the gloom surrounding Mr. Killer, Varis' blade materializes. This time the strike is true, cutting the half-orc across the back of the legs and forcing him to follow Varis as he dances back onto one of the arm's fingers. Still grinning, the elf fades away into the shadows again, elusive as ever.
[sblock=Actions]Standard: attack Mr. Killer, hitting AC 43 for 25 damage. Shift to H16, slide Mr. K to H15.
Move: somewhere. Stealth roll = 32. ;)
[sblock=Ata]Regen 5.

Minor: drink potion of vitality, healing 25 hp. That should bring me to -37, I think.
Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs. Mr. Killer: 1d20+24+2=39, 1d20+26=43, 1d12+13=25, for a total of 43 vs. AC and 25 damage. Shift to H16, slide Mr. K to H15.
Move: shift to I15; and Stealth (1d20+19=32).[/sblock]

And thank you, Oni. At least this match isn't as one-sided as our Monster Mash match was - I'm really surprised that I'm sort of holding my own in this two-to-one business. ;)[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Even as Mr. Killer forced to move by the cunning attack his deadly axe makes a sweeping arc toward the nimble elf. Thrown off balance by the movement the attack is well wide however.

[sblock=ooc]

Readied action to attack Varis on showing himself.

Hits AC31 which doesn't cut it I'm sure.

[sblock=Ata]
Righteous Brand: +21 vs AC (1d20+22+1-2=31)

Also question, If I were to use Divine power to gain regeneration would I be able to heal all the way back up without spending any more surges by putting off the start of the short rest for a few rounds?
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Beneath the strange helm, keen eyes studied the battlefield. There where only so many places the tenacious foe could have gone. Smiling to himself, Karn knew he was being tested. Purposely he strode into the shadows surrounding the half-orc, moving through the only spaces the elf could have hid in.

[sblock=ooc]
Regen 5hp

Move to I15, then to I16, then to H16.

Need to know the outcome of my action before continuing my turn.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Ata]I changed my minor for last round from oathing Karn to drawing the potion when we decided I couldn't use my oath again until Mr. Killer was out of play.

Now, Karn is moving into my current square first. If I don't do anything, he'll just run into me? Would it be possible to attempt an Acrobatics check or something similar to avoid him as he moves through the square?

If you decide that's not allowed, I'll take the OA instead. Might as well get some hits in if my cover's blown, right? ;)[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=sessadore]oh yea. uhm, I don't think moving outside your turn is feasible. I also checked the revised Stealth rules and in this case it simply says "you don't remain hidden". So basically Karn tries to get into your space, eating an OA, and you become visible. Or, you don't take the OA, Karn bumps into you, and he can see you anyway. So yeah, I guess you can roll your OA :)[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As Karn comes wading into the shadows, he quickly discovers Varis - as the elf's deadly blade comes rushing at him.
[sblock=OA]Vs. Karn: 34 vs. AC for 22 damage. Not sure if that hits or not ...

Anyway, Varis is in I15. So does this mean Karn didn't actually move, or are we sharing a square now?[sblock=Ata]Yeah, I knew it was a long shot, but thought I'd try anyway ;)

OA vs. Karn: 1d20+24+2=34, 1d12+13=22.[/sblock][/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:OA hits. Karn cannot enter the square, but he can spend the rest of his movement as he pleases. Varis, of course, is no longer hidden.

Remove ads