Predestination starring Ethan Hawke

Water Bob

Adventurer
Every turn on a film, have low expectations, and the film exceeds what you thought?

That just happened to me with a little low budget science fiction film that I've had on the the DVR for a couple of years. It's called Predestination, starring Ethan Hawke. Evidently, it's an Australian film, but I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't seen it in the credits. It's set in the US at various times, since it's a time travel paradox movie.

It's really a good movie with a very clever plot. It really surprised me and kept my attention through the entire film.

I'd recommend it for those in the mood for a film with a Philip K. Dick vibe.

MV5BMTAzODc3NjU1NzNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDk5NTQ4NTMx._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,677,1000_AL_.jpg

Yeah, I know. Even the poster looks like low budget crap, but, as I said, it's a pretty damn good film--if you are in the mood for such a film as this.

The movie has a great line, too, that is used towards the end of the film (look for Ethan to be typing on the old type writer in the antiques store).

"It's never too late to be what you could have been."

Water Bob

Adventurer
It is! Of course, I didn't know that until I looked it up after you answered the question. No wonder it's a good film when its based on Heinlein.

Loved it. I don't remember anymore if I was "spoilered" about anything before I watched it, but I think I wasn't and instead had a suspicion on what was going on, and wasn't sure if that was what it was, and then was pleasantly confirmed to that being it exactly.

Remove ads