• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Predictions for Playtest packet 7's arrival

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Fluffy being bitter doesn't mean Fluffy is wrong, though, does it? Historically speaking, an awful lot of "bitter" people have been extremely right in various predictions about D&D.
Which is why I said being bitter is a SUBSTITUTE for factual analysis. Right? Are you arguing being bitter is, in itself, a sign of being extremely right regardless of factual analysis?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hmm. I had suspected that after the flap about removing half elves and half orcs, we'd see a playtest on rules regarding that. They even tweeted something to that effect. Maybe that's DMG specific though.
That might be a slight change to the paragraph about hybrid characters.

Remathilis

Legend
That might be a slight change to the paragraph about hybrid characters.
The "...will be revised further." Always sounded like another UA. But this is WotC, you're probably correct that the minimum is all they are going to do.
6e1c7f9dd710952535496bdcdd1c1947.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The "...will be revised further." Always sounded like another UA. But this is WotC, you're probably correct that the minimum is all they are going to do.
6e1c7f9dd710952535496bdcdd1c1947.jpg
I mean, if all they need to do is Amp up the amount thst both sides contribute to a PC, they might have all the feedback that they need. Half-Elves and Half-Orcs as distinct options are definitely out.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Hmm. I had suspected that after the flap about removing half elves and half orcs, we'd see a playtest on rules regarding that. They even tweeted something to that effect. Maybe that's DMG specific though.
An optional build-a-hybrid-species system in the DMG would be pretty dope, now that you mention it. Not something I’m going to hold my breath for, but I do like the idea!

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I mean, if all they need to do is Amp up the amount thst both sides contribute to a PC, they might have all the feedback that they need. Half-Elves and Half-Orcs as distinct options are definitely out.
Thanks for the reminder. Gotta keep telling them in every survey that they’ll lose me permanently if they go through with what they put in UA as written.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
In the PH, please, not the DMG. Let's not seal away the keys to the kingdom.
It saddens me to think that putting a rule in the DMG is considered sealing it away. As though they are stuck playing with DMs who are so set in their ways that they will refuse to use extra or variant rules in the DMG even if the players want to.

If this is genuinely an issue for a large number of players, then yes, the mixes species rules should be in the PHB. But I would like to think we have reached a point in player/DM relations that just because something is only found in the DMG that doesn't mean players can't have or at least ask for access to it and that DMs aren't willing to give it to them. It's a sad state if that animosity still exists between them.

Remove ads