D&D 5E Previews of Rime of the Frostmaiden

IGN has posted a preview of Rime of the Frostmaiden, including some preview pages (I've put one below). They will also be posting more previews tomorrow!

1599175812924.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkB

Legend
In case anyone hadn't noticed, IGN has some monster previews up on the original link.
I like the visuals and flavour of the Chwinga - very Ghibli-esque - but I fear that I would never manage to say the name without embarrassment, or without at least one player piping up with "Schwing!" in response.
schwingc09.jpg

Quickleaf

Legend
Interestingly, the Adventure defaults to 1489 DR as the initial timeline: this means it is the earliest series of events aside from Tyranny of Dragons and Lost Mines of Phandelver. A full five years prior to Descent into Avernus.
I note also that the art for Arveiaturace and her new premium "mini" match. That's pretty cool.

If the default date for this adventure is 1489, then he's been in there for about four years, because LotCS took place in 1485.

Took a screenshot from Jeff's video to highlight page 5 of his flip-through, with the "1489 or later" date.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 4.49.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 4.49.07 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 359

pukunui

Legend
They’ve said in the past that they’re trying not to advance the timeline. It sort of hovers around 1489-1492, if a date is mentioned at all.

There are a few little nods from one adventure to the next but for the most part, I think you could say they’re all either contemporaneous or exist separately in different parallel dimensions or something.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They’ve said in the past that they’re trying not to advance the timeline. It sort of hovers around 1489-1492, if a date is mentioned at all.

There are a few little nods from one adventure to the next but for the most part, I think you could say they’re all either contemporaneous or exist separately in different parallel dimensions or something.

Yeah, it's more that the late 1480's-1490's are a sort of field of potential events in the Sword Coast that can be mixed and matched as desired (Sky King's Thunder has some guidelines for that).

Still, it seems this is the first time the nominal date has gone backwards in 7 years of releases.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases