D&D 5E Previews of Rime of the Frostmaiden

IGN has posted a preview of Rime of the Frostmaiden, including some preview pages (I've put one below). They will also be posting more previews tomorrow! https://www.ign.com/articles/dnd-frostmaiden-first-look-preview-pages

IGN has posted a preview of Rime of the Frostmaiden, including some preview pages (I've put one below). They will also be posting more previews tomorrow!

1599175812924.png

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Auril seems really weak for a deity of the same power level as Tiamat....

I will say the three forms thing kind of throws off the true power of Auril, as if you consider a CR 9, 10, and 11 one after another that's actually more comparable to one CR 17 fight.

Still, Tiamat is CR 30 by comparison. So Auril is actually as tough as an Adult Red Dragon... which isn't really that tough.

Yeah, it's more that the late 1480's-1490's are a sort of field of potential events in the Sword Coast that can be mixed and matched as desired (Sky King's Thunder has some guidelines for that).

Still, it seems this is the first time the nominal date has gone backwards in 7 years of releases.
There may be a connection to one of the other FR adventures that requires this one to occur first?

If my memory serves me well, I think I read a page from the book shown in the YouTube video in which it was said that Auril was weakened due to her casting of a spell to bring about a colder and lightless era
That was a hypothesis of mine: Auril is channelling most of her power into her perma-winter spell, leaving her only able to create weakened avatars to combat the heroes.

Remove ads

Remove ads