D&D 5E Previews of Rime of the Frostmaiden

IGN has posted a preview of Rime of the Frostmaiden, including some preview pages (I've put one below). They will also be posting more previews tomorrow! https://www.ign.com/articles/dnd-frostmaiden-first-look-preview-pages

IGN has posted a preview of Rime of the Frostmaiden, including some preview pages (I've put one below). They will also be posting more previews tomorrow!

1599175812924.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I actually saw a reddit post about the obelisks... apparently they can cause time travel, and are tied to both Vecna and Netheril.

I mean, it gives them an in-story mechanism to allow there to be some logic to millions of tables having different experiences of Forgotten Realms history.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Re: obelisks
For those of you who want Planescape / Spelljammer, here is your "I think I know how it works!" portal.
(Whether you really do know how it works is an open question...)

Coroc

Hero
So they got a dozen starting adventures?
Are there hints about how to scale them if e.g. the party has hit level 2 already when entering a new town?

MarkB

Legend
So they got a dozen starting adventures?
Are there hints about how to scale them if e.g. the party has hit level 2 already when entering a new town?
It seems that they're using a progression-based XP system for the campaign. So you would run the recommended number of these (2-3 I believe), then progress to the main storyline quests and level up when appropriate.

Remove ads

Remove ads