• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse Hits the Shelves!

Henry

Autoexreginated
A FLGS that could get the material "early" and doesn't experiences a self-fulfilling prophecy. In this instance, they don't sell any EE books, so obviously they were correct by not ordering any! ;)
It's also not their fault when they go out of business in two or three years. :)

Now if Magic or another craze is their main money-maker, that's one thing, but I've also heard of sad-sack stores before who become LGS's just so they can get a vendor discount on stuff for them and their buddies, but those are the ones who don't have the business acumen of a snail, and wind up going out of business, in debt, in a couple of years.

It's the ones who actively try to please their customer base, and listen to market trends, that will make it by having a loyal base that prefers great service. However, that's tough to keep any more. I even read an article recently about how the Internet buying cycle has even been affecting mid-range clothing stores, and other businesses that people used to think of as "evergreen". So agility with customer concerns is the only way to stay afloat these days, from what I can see.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Picked up my copy today at lunch. Gorgeous book, tons of locations and hooks, interesting monsters (elemental myrmidons!) and what appears to provide very non-linear methods of completing. Haven't had an opportunity to do more than skim thus far, though. Check it out!

I picked up my copy Friday after work. Very much agree. I did not expect the art and layout to be this impressive, somehow its like they have found a way to improve from Hoard of the Dragon queen & Rise of Tiamat (then again, this is being produced by Sasquatch Studios). I really hope that this book is going to set the bar for future adventure path books. The book is a nice blend of setting and adventure, really nicely integrated into a whole (which I think is in keeping with Wizards philosophy). The maps by Schley are probably some of his best. I also wish you could buy these maps for use on the table. Needless to say, Im probably going to buy a second copy to mark up and to use on the game table becuase this book is absolutely stunning.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I picked up my copy Friday after work. Very much agree. I did not expect the art and layout to be this impressive, somehow its like they have found a way to improve from Hoard of the Dragon queen & Rise of Tiamat (then again, this is being produced by Sasquatch Studios). I really hope that this book is going to set the bar for future adventure path books. The book is a nice blend of setting and adventure, really nicely integrated into a whole (which I think is in keeping with Wizards philosophy). The maps by Schley are probably some of his best. I also wish you could buy these maps for use on the table. Needless to say, Im probably going to buy a second copy to mark up and to use on the game table becuase this book is absolutely stunning.

No need mate, just head over to mike's site and buy the digital maps, I bought tons for LMoP some I use on my iPad and some I print for the players.

Here it is: http://mikeschley.zenfolio.com/p763166286

Warder

Olfan

First Post
Awesome, thanks Warder!
How easy are these to blow up and print? Is it pretty simple?

Pretty easy. I just took the digital image to FedEx Office and they blew it up to 24x36 for me and laminated it. Quality still looks great. Then Mike Schley posted updated player maps that were even better later that same day. *facepalm* Apparently I got too excited.

Nebulous

Legend
Pretty easy. I just took the digital image to FedEx Office and they blew it up to 24x36 for me and laminated it. Quality still looks great. Then Mike Schley posted updated player maps that were even better later that same day. *facepalm* Apparently I got too excited.

What does that cost? I typically have been printing and cutting and taping, but that takes a while....

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Awesome, thanks Warder!
How easy are these to blow up and print? Is it pretty simple?

I have a printer I use regularly, cost me about 13$

Here is the result:
image.jpg

Warder

Remove ads