D&D 5E Princes of the Apolcalypse/Adventurer's Handbook by Sasquatch Game Studios

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Does "Apolcalypse" have some specific meaning I'm unaware of, or is it just a misspelling that hasn't been caught yet?

I think it's actually Apollocalypse. They've turned Tharizdun into Apollo! They've gone too far!

/ragequit

Thaumaturge!

gyor

Legend
Beyond the single adventure that MerricB mentioned, the whole Lolth is making her own Weave is the basic theme of the whole Rise of the Underdark pseudo-storyline which was never fully developed, although...

... the Demon Weave, as it was called, was also mentioned in a couple of paragraphs in the rather excellent Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue.

Actually, I also think it's a good idea, in part because it's one of the best justifications for running D1 Descent into the Depths of the Earth, D2 Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, and D3 Vault of the Drow with a definite goal and sense of purpose. That's on my DM Bucket List. :)

So what races, Class builds, and Backgrounds do you guys, especially those who are more familiar with the Temple of Elemental Evil?

My guess is if Elemental Magic is a basic theme, is a Shi'iar Wizard school, Elemental Domains, Elemental Pact for Warlocks, Genie Origin for Sorcerors, some kind of Oath to fight the Elemental Evil for Paladins.

Background villager?

Races: Genasi seems obvious, but is it planetouched pre 4e Genasi with a single elemental type, or 4e Genasi with changable elemental "souls", basically akin to the difference between planetouched tiefling and Asmodean Tieflings.

My guess it will both, a Primordial Genasi and Planetouched as a seperate race with its various subraces.

I'm not sure what other types of races would either be associated with the Elements or the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Chriscdoa

Explorer
So what races, Class builds, and Backgrounds do you guys, especially those who are more familiar with the Temple of Elemental Evil?

I'm not sure what other types of races would either be associated with the Elements or the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Geniekin - not same as genasi are they?

Would be nice to expand on elemental monks to ones who only do one style (avatar style)

Pseudopsyche

First Post
I'm hoping we're only seeing announcements for save-the-world adventure paths because those are the ones that require the most lead time to develop and make the most sense as standalone products. Perhaps the kinds of adventures that were once published in Dungeon will instead be published in DungeonScape. And perhaps the D&D Expeditions adventures will be released publicly after they retire from organized play.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Maybe I am missing something but what is the source of this scoop and a link to confirm.

Choose from:

1. Morrus chose to personally deceive you by deliberately posting false information.
2. Morrus posted the source and the links in the very first post in this thread.

As this is ENWorld, I think number 2 is the better choice.

fjw70

Adventurer
Choose from:

1. Morrus chose to personally deceive you by deliberately posting false information.
2. Morrus posted the source and the links in the very first post in this thread.

As this is ENWorld, I think number 2 is the better choice.

First of all nobody is accusing Morrus of anything. Second the link in the post is to the story on ENWolrd that says Kettite (whoever that is) is the the source. Just wondering where the info is coming from. Did Kettite get the info from a distributor, does he/she have contacts at WotC, is it unnamed sources, etc.?

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Although there was no adventure, Eberron did provide stats for the Lord of Blades, King Kaius and one of the Daelkyr (IIRC Mordain the Fleshweaver).

4E Eberron also had stats for a Lord of Darkness (IIRC it was the Shadow in the Flame it was like Level 39 or something insane), and suggested using the Demon Princes from the MMs for other Lords of Darkness.

Remove ads