Products you'd love to see published (but probably never will)

ggroy said:
Maybe this will become the 4E "Monster Manual 4".

Highly unlikely. However, I do think we will see a slight accretion of power as the Monster Manuals go along; I'd anticipate a Level 35 Lolth in MM3 and something Level 36 in the MM4...Asmodeus perhaps?

I think a 4E Deities & Demigods may happen at some stage down the line, though what format that will take is unknown. The 3E book was terrible, but I think a lot of that was down to the 3E system having too many working parts at epic levels; the deities being too high level; all the deities feeling the same; no use of epic rules either.

Shemeska said:
I truly doubt that they would ever again produce a Book o' Deity Statblocks.

Which would be okay by me because I am producing such a book*. ;)

*Or rather a series of books (fingers crossed).

I think that type of book would primarily be for the epic tier crowd, but I do like how easy statblocks in 4E are, so designing a whole hierarchy of priests, interesting followers and Exarchs is fairly straightforward. I think the Orcus and Demogorgon entries in the Monster Manuals have been great and that would be a format I would adopt for how to treat deities as well.

Smeelbo

First Post
Empire of the Petal Throne, using the Burning Wheel engine.

The Feat Compendium for D&D 3.5.

Smeelbo

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
A well done sourcebook for Steven Brust's Dragaera setting. You know, the ones with Vlad Taltos.

Man that'd be Bad Ass.

Maldin

First Post
A computer RPG sequel to Planescape: Torment. More than anything.
Well, there was something well on the way to fulfulling that wish... RogueDao Studios is actually working on a Neverwinter Nights 2 Planescape full mod called Purgatorio. Go here for some awesome screen shots. It was going to be a 3-part series with a pretty intriguing plotline. However, sounds like WotC decided to pull all licensing on... well... everything, as we all know. Why? My guess is that they are no longer interested in supporting anything that is not 4E (which NWN2 is not), and does not directly support their current 4E campaign worlds (which Planescape is not).

At this point, the RogueDao team continues to valiantly work on the first part, and will try to release it somehow, however without the original path to selling it through WotC's NWN2 licencee's available, I'm afraid that the prognosis may be grim for the 2nd and 3rd parts ("Inferno" and "Eschatologia"), and may have slowed development of Part 1 ("Purgatorio"). Alas, the longer it takes, the fewer the people still playing NWN2. I really hope they can pull it off. It looks way too cool.

As for the original topic of this thread... I'd have to second Shemmy's suggestion for a (non-4E!) Fiendish Codex 3. That would have been truly awesome (assuming it used the old cosmology).

New source books and supermods for Greyhawk and Spelljammer... published in multiple versions. Each version supporting the different D&D editions of WotC's past AND present. (Hey! We were allowed to dream the impossible dreams, right?)
There is no reason why fluff books could not be multi-edition, or truly edition-neutral.

And a Greyhawk (oh, sure, lets throw in Spelljammer and Planescape too) license for Paizo. Ok, that one is a doubly-impossible dream because Paizo has moved forward on their own campaign world, and is no longer interested in publishing someone else's campaign world, but there was a time when they not only would have jumped at it... they actually asked for it.

Denis, aka "Maldin"
Maldin's Greyhawk http://melkot.com
Loads of edition-independent Greyhawk goodness... maps, magic, mysteries, mechanics, and more!!
Its fan sites like this one that are the only places left to get your Greyhawk now.

Last edited:

Starsunder

Explorer
Highly unlikely. However, I do think we will see a slight accretion of power as the Monster Manuals go along; I'd anticipate a Level 35 Lolth in MM3 and something Level 36 in the MM4...Asmodeus perhaps?

Well, seeing as how Bahamut is Level 36, the bar has already been raised. I anticipate that Lolth will also be Level 36. She is a major (ie. popular) evil power.

Remove ads