• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project Daedalus (Issue 3)

Agamon

Adventurer
Tyroc, Mimic
“Well, then, you can be helping me with dinner tonight,” Mama says, putting the potatoes in the water.

Tyrone hangs up the phone. He helped quite a bit in calming Aaron down, who is actually pretty excited now at being able to join the team.

Alita, setting the table, listens in on the phone conversation. A sudden realization comes to her as stares at Tyrone. “Omigod, you’re Tyroc, aren’t you?”

“You’re probably the only one that don’t know that yet, honey,” Mama says with a sigh. “So who was on the phone this time, boy?”

Misha
At Jennifer’s approach, Jerry gives you a ‘she’s your date?’ look, with a shake of his head and a smile. Gwen just can’t believe she’s coming to your table.

Jennifer smiles and accepts the roses. “Thanks, they’re beautiful.” She looks about at the other patrons as they go back to what they were doing. “Yes, well, I don’t know what it is, but I always seem to be recognized out of uniform,” she says with a grin, taking a seat. “Nice to meet you two,” she says to the couple.

“You’ll be great for the team, Misha, I’m glad you accepted the post,” she says, accepting a glass of champagne.

“Yeah, I didn’t know anyone more reliable or trustworthy back in the day,” Jerry says, taking a glass for himself and passing one to Gwen. “I have to admit, this is a bit of a surprise,” he adds pointing to the two of you. “How long have you two been together?”

Jennifer straightens up a bit. “Actually, we’re friends from some time ago, too. Misha offered to help me unwind tonight, it’s been a hectic few weeks lately.”

Lupa
Daniels is quite surprised by the move, but doesn’t pull away. “Uh, yeah, you’re welcome,” he says. He spots Dunn approaching with a look of disapproval. “Look, you’re great girl, but I’m on the job, you’re my charge, and this isn’t really kosher, you know?”

“Let’s get our tickets,” is all Dunn says as he passes by.

Shimmering Samurai
As you sip the tea, you notice a slight funny taste to it. You suddenly feel strange and realize the tea must have been drugged. You look about as your vision begins to blur somewhat, everything getting fuzzy. Dan notices your condition and stares at you few moments before asking, “Hey, are you okay?”

OOC: Fort save (20). A +1 Fort save and you get what you needed to make it…I’m shaking my head over here. :)

Shalimar

First Post
Rachel looks quite embaressed at the rebuke, she wasn't really interested in Daniels, sure, she could be, given more time together but that wasn't what she was trying for at all, and her cheeks almost went the color of her hair. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything like that, not that you aren't great or anything, that really was just how wolves say thank you. I'm..I'm sorry, I wont do anything like that again." she tells him sounding crestfallen.

Rachel allows herself to be led around to the ticket booth and then to the Aerodyne itself. Its just another time when her instincts made her seem weird to other people, she decided she should just be quiet for the rest of the trip.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Misha
At Jennifer’s approach, Jerry gives you a ‘she’s your date?’ look, with a shake of his head and a smile. Gwen just can’t believe she’s coming to your table.

Jennifer smiles and accepts the roses. “Thanks, they’re beautiful.” She looks about at the other patrons as they go back to what they were doing. “Yes, well, I don’t know what it is, but I always seem to be recognized out of uniform,” she says with a grin, taking a seat. “Nice to meet you two,” she says to the couple.

“You’ll be great for the team, Misha, I’m glad you accepted the post,” she says, accepting a glass of champagne.

Misha tips his glass to Jennifer, "Like I said it is the chance of a lifetime," he adds with a knowing look to Jennifer conveying his appreciation.

Agamon said:
“Yeah, I didn’t know anyone more reliable or trustworthy back in the day,” Jerry says, taking a glass for himself and passing one to Gwen. “I have to admit, this is a bit of a surprise,” he adds pointing to the two of you. “How long have you two been together?”

Misha moves to speak but Jennifer cuts him off, and he just smiles.

Agamon said:
Jennifer straightens up a bit. “Actually, we’re friends from some time ago, too. Misha offered to help me unwind tonight, it’s been a hectic few weeks lately.”

Misha flashes his charming smile, “Yeah we are not an item yet, but the night is young,” he adds with a dubious tone, if somewhat mischievous.

Misha glances to Jennifer, “Relax, it won’t kill you to unwind some,” he takes a drink of his champagne, encouraging her to do the same as he turns to Gwen and Jerry, “still as tense as ever.” He places a hand on hers and mouths, ‘relax’.

“Tomorrow I am supposed to report in and meet the other members of the team, hopefully. Now I know I am not supposed to say anything, but I think that hero from New York, Tyroc is supposed to be signing on as well to lead the team. Meaning I will get to work with a real live celebrity, and yes Jerry I can get you his autograph,” he does his best to feign an impressed look.

“If anything a small time cop like me will probably get lost in the shuffle, which is fine, I am just happy to serve, with all the madness in the world right now. I don’t want to get all patriotic on you guys, but it’s like my American duty to put these powers to some kind of use on a larger scale,” Misha finishes his hand still on Jennifer’s in a soft supportive way, “or at least I feel that way.”

Sense Motive check on Gwen and Jerry, to gauge their feelings, and then a Sense Motive check on Jennifer; Sense Motive +10 for both checks. Diplomacy +15 to improve Jennifer’s mood and really make her feel comfortable and relaxed if possible, plus his Attractive bonus, +3… for a total of +18, if he can he will take 10 netting a 20 on the Sense Motive checks and a 28 on the Diplomacy check.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Agamon said:
“Well, then, you can be helping me with dinner tonight,” Mama says, putting the potatoes in the water.

Just to warn you, I never really cooked much. Just did the dishes and stuff but hey I'm always ready to try something new. At least once at the very least. He says with a chuckle

Agamon said:
Alita, setting the table, listens in on the phone conversation. A sudden realization comes to her as stares at Tyrone. “Omigod, you’re Tyroc, aren’t you?”

I was wondering when you would figure that out. Miguel adds in with a laugh.

Last edited:

Master_Pugs

First Post
"I should be fine but thank you for the concern, I just need a minute..." He rubs his eyes, wincing, "The tea hit me funny..." Kiro glances at Dan out of the corner of his eye and begins to focus on his breathing, his eyes slip all but closed and he slumps against his chair breathing extremely slow but still rythmic.

(OOC)...going into Trance if I can remain aware... If I lose all awareness when in a trance I'll just make a really bad bluff check... :)

Calinon

First Post
"Oh, that was Aaron, mama. That boy I was tellin' you about. Whoever is running this team setup needs a good swift kick in the arse. They send people out to talk to members and give them no back-up. Aaron was freakin' out that the lady that went up to get him was going to lock him away again. Can't really blame him for that," he says. "But he's calmed down. Should be here tomorrow."

"Me? Tyroc? Naaaah," Tyrone says with a grin to Alita as he pulls a glass from the cupboard with his powers to get a drink of water with. "So, mama, once things are on the go, want to go shopping or just gimme a list. I can make Miguel carry the heavy stuff," he says with a laugh.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tyroc, Mimic
“Don’t you worry ‘bout the cooking, I’ll be doing the important stuff, you can just give me a hand,” Mama says to Miguel with a smile.

She turns to Tyrone. “Now I know you’ve been all out and about all morning, but I ain’t even seen the sun yet, and it’s a beautiful day, so don’t think you’re goin’ anywhere without me, boy.” She turns back to the stove. “Lunch’ll only be a few more minutes, the market ain’t goin’ nowhere.”

Misha
Jennifer smiles slightly at your ‘appreciation,’ obviously understanding what you mean full well.

She rolls her eyes when told to relax. “Thanks for your concern, but I’m fine. Seems I have to tell people that a lot lately,” she says with a smile. She does lean back and appears to relax, however, as she takes a sip of champagne, and smiles at you as you put your hand on hers.

“Heheh, right, autographs, good one, Misha,” Jerry says, shaking his head. “You know me, not much of an autograph hunter…ouch!” He looks over at Gwen who just looks over at you smiling. “…but, yeah, if you could send it by courier, that’d be great,” Jerry adds, reaching under the table to rub his shin.

OOC: Your Diplomacy worked on Jen, she seems more relaxed. As for the other two, Jerry seems pretty impressed by your date, though he’s doing his best not to show it. Gwen, on the other hand, is obviously star struck, not having said anything since Jen’s entrance.

Lupa
“Oh, uh,” Daniels says, feeling awkward. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…I think I understand, it’s just, we’re both human, and it’s pretty easy to mistake that for something more intimate...” He realizes he’s not doing much to make you feel more comfortable and just shuts up as Dunn gets the tickets.

The three of you board the aerodyne and it leaves San Francisco behind you, making its way to a new start in New York.

OOC: I’m going to end your storyline here, Shal. The others have only a couple more posts left in them anyway.

Shimmering Samurai
OOC: Trance allows you full awareness of your surroundings.

As you slump back, Dan looks at you a little more closely and then looks around to see if anyone else has noticed. You fell him shuffle around ever so slightly. He seems to be quite nimble, you think. A few moments later, you don’t notice Dan move very much, but you feel a needle stab into your leg.

OOC: You can either come out of your trance or I’ll allow a Fort save to not do so as you are jabbed with no care in the leg.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Misha
Jennifer smiles slightly at your ‘appreciation,’ obviously understanding what you mean full well.

She rolls her eyes when told to relax. “Thanks for your concern, but I’m fine. Seems I have to tell people that a lot lately,” she says with a smile. She does lean back and appears to relax, however, as she takes a sip of champagne, and smiles at you as you put your hand on hers.

Misha nods knowingly, but says nothing letting the mood speak for itself.

Agamon said:
“Heheh, right, autographs, good one, Misha,” Jerry says, shaking his head. “You know me, not much of an autograph hunter…ouch!” He looks over at Gwen who just looks over at you smiling. “…but, yeah, if you could send it by courier, that’d be great,” Jerry adds, reaching under the table to rub his shin.

"That sounds fine, Jennifer if you don't mind maybe you could give Gwen and Jerry your autograph, as an engagemnt present," he produces a pen and then picks up the champagne bottle to use, "as good a surface as any."

If she obliges, he will handle some more small talk, and then wrap things up and head out with Jennifer for a walk so they can talk business. Figure we can gloss over that, correct me if I am out of line...

Misha walks slowly beside Jennifer, "Thanks for the autograph, didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. Gwen is abit star-struck, I think she said two words the whole time we were there," he laughs.

But his face grows a little more serious, as he pauses under a light post, "I appreciate the fact that Tyroc will be leading the team, he seems like a glory hound and a good role model, perfect for leading the team, but I don't quite understand why I would be asked to join. You know me Jennifer, I don't play well with others," he folds his arms, "and from what I saw some of these members are just kids. What is this, another Legacy?"

He sighs, "But, if Uncle Sam needs me you know I will be there, I just have my reservations. I assume I will be working as an advisor to Tyroc, and help him out as best as I can, right? I just hope I won't be babysitting them, I know they are capable, but are they disciplined and inclined to do what needs to be done? If not..." he clenches a fist, and then relaxes, "I will make it work, its my job."

Then he shrugs, "By the way ACE requested that I keep my past employment a secret, so they get to meet Misha Werner; a Washington DC plain-clothes police officer, professional, happy, all-American elite. The real me," he smirks.

Calinon

First Post
"Alright, mama," Tyrone says. "I'm going to answer some fans on my message board and get out from underfoot," he says, sneaking quickly out of the kitchen.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
"So, mama, once things are on the go, want to go shopping or just gimme a list. I can make Miguel carry the heavy stuff," he says with a laugh.

Maybe you should carry the heavy stuff, I'm not the one that hits like a girl. Miguel taunts back

Agamon said:
“Don’t you worry ‘bout the cooking, I’ll be doing the important stuff, you can just give me a hand,” Mama says to Miguel with a smile.

Sure thing, never could say no to a lovely woman. What would you like me to do first?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads