• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project Daedalus (Issue 3)

Hammerhead

Explorer
It's really not any of your business? Why are you so interested? Threat level is medium...he could be interested in me for his own personal reasons, or he could be asked to check up on the new Elites America's recruited. Wish I knew more about who my teammates will be.

I'm taking an Aerodyne to Freedom Plaza tonight. Top secret, she says with a smile, allowing Random to draw his own conclusions.

As for the headache, I've had worse. Bullets, knives, broken bones...a little headache compared to those? Anyway, I was planning on disarming your boss, if he got a little touchy. What kind of an Elite uses a gun anyway? What were his special powers, other than a charming personality?

So do you and the rest of your legbreakers often destroy young women's cars as part of your job, she asks, teasing him. I'm surprised the government even lets you operate here.

Master_Pugs

First Post
Kiro inhales swiftly, darting his hand out and attemtping to stop the injection. ...or the sampling. His eyes slip open and he stares Dan in the eyes accusingly.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tyroc, Mimic
“No, boy, I meant for dinner. The soup is no bother, you go along with Tyrone, and I’ll let you know when it’s ready,” Mama says to Miguel. “Besides, I have Alita to help me here. If a girl’s gonna hang onto a man for any length, she’s got to know her way around a kitchen,” she adds, looking to Alita, who only smiles shyly in reply.

Misha
Jennifer signs the bottle, which makes Gwen quite happy. As the evening passes, everyone becomes more comfortable. Jennifer relaxes and enjoys the evening, Gwen opens up a little bit and Jerry probably has a couple too many beers after the champagne is gone, and you talk them into taking a cab home afterwards.

“Oh, Misha, it’s not so bad,” Jennifer tells you as you walk. “True, some of the members are teenaged, and truthfully, I didn’t choose them myself. But this is a hardly another Legacy. You, Tyroc and Edwards have field experience of one type or another. You will compliment each other and the rest of the team well.”

She smiles and shakes her head. “I need to remember who I’m talking to. The enthusiastic optimism can begin tomorrow.” She turns to you with a serious look. “I happen to agree with you for the most part. I’ve fought both against and alongside many of these eiltes, and, yes, they are quite capable. “But I did not want Aaron on the team. Or this Masters girl. They’re both too young. There is little time for training, the group literally needs to be mission ready tomorrow. That’s difficult enough to pull off with seasoned vets, let alone a group of virtual greenhorns.

“While I don’t expect you to ‘babysit’, I do hope you would…mentor, perhaps is a better word, some of the less experienced members. For the time being, while the team is headquartered at Freedom Plaza, everyone will be answerable to me. And I will let everyone know tomorrow, in no uncertain terms, what is expected of them. If anyone finds that unreasonable, they needn’t sign on.”

She smiles at your final comment. “My own teammates still don’t know I once worked for ACE, though they have become aware of its existence. A police officer? That’s not too much of a stretch,” she says, nodding.

Blizzard
“Freedom Plaza? Here’s hoping its so you can replace that dork, Neutron, on AF,” Random says, rolling his eyes.

“Legbreakers? Hey, we just perform a service, we’re not just a bunch of hired thugs,” he replies, sounding a bit hurt. “The government lets us do our job because there’s a need for it. They protect public interests, we do the same for private firms and individuals. We try to keep collateral damage to a minimum because our employer has to pay for it, and if we bring back a bill too large, too often, we won’t have many clients before long. But what can I say, it comes with the territory,” he says with a shrug.

“Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you knew about your car, and to apologize, of course. Good luck with whatever it is you’re doing in New York,” he says with a wave before disappearing from sight.

Shimmering Samurai
Dan looks back at you in absolute shock as you pull back his hand and the needle, obviously wondering how you came out of your stupor so quickly. You look down at the needle. It’s an empty syringe, meant for drawing blood. His eyes flick about to see if anyone else had noticed what’s going on, but no one seems to have yet.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Misha
“Oh, Misha, it’s not so bad,” Jennifer tells you as you walk. “True, some of the members are teenaged, and truthfully, I didn’t choose them myself. But this is a hardly another Legacy. You, Tyroc and Edwards have field experience of one type or another. You will compliment each other and the rest of the team well.”

Misha nods, "Of course I have total faith in the system."

Agamon said:
She smiles and shakes her head. “I need to remember who I’m talking to. The enthusiastic optimism can begin tomorrow.” She turns to you with a serious look. “I happen to agree with you for the most part. I’ve fought both against and alongside many of these eiltes, and, yes, they are quite capable. “But I did not want Aaron on the team. Or this Masters girl. They’re both too young. There is little time for training, the group literally needs to be mission ready tomorrow. That’s difficult enough to pull off with seasoned vets, let alone a group of virtual greenhorns.

"Wow we agree on something," Misha replies dryly.

Agamon said:
“While I don’t expect you to ‘babysit’, I do hope you would…mentor, perhaps is a better word, some of the less experienced members. For the time being, while the team is headquartered at Freedom Plaza, everyone will be answerable to me. And I will let everyone know tomorrow, in no uncertain terms, what is expected of them. If anyone finds that unreasonable, they needn’t sign on.”

"I can mentor the younger members, although my patience with children is short I will try and bring them along," he says in response.

Agamon said:
She smiles at your final comment. “My own teammates still don’t know I once worked for ACE, though they have become aware of its existence. A police officer? That’s not too much of a stretch,” she says, nodding.

"The best covers are the easiest ones to manage. But enough about business, we still have tomorrow to slog through. Tonight I feel like just relaxing with my old friend back at her place," he says taking her hand.

Mimic

First Post
"Okay, you're the boss lady." Miguel tells her with a shrug. He leaves heading in the direction that Tyrone went.

As he passes Alita he smiles and winks at her while mouthing the words "good luck" before he leaves the kitchen.

Hammerhead

Explorer
He took that kind of seriously...didn't he know I was teasing him?

Thanks for everything! she shouts as he walks away, feeling bad. I'm sure with my new line of work, I'll run into him again. Then I can apologize. A nice guy, for a merc.

Shrugging, Jennifer walks to the nearest bus station to catch a ride to her apartment at the edge of the city and finish packing.

Elementor

First Post
Hanging up the phone and having cleared up that this lady really is planning to take him back to New York to meet up with Tyroc and the others, Aaron heads back downstairs.

"Ok, I guess I am ok with going with you now."

Calinon

First Post
Tyrone notices Miguel exit the kitchen. "She kicked you out as soon as the potatoes were peeled, didn't she?" he laughs. "That room is hers. I take my life in my hands making a sandwich for myself."

He types away at the computer, answering messages and posting a teaser regarding tomorrows news story.

Master_Pugs

First Post
"All right Dan, you're going to listen to me... and listen carefully... You will answer all my questions promptly or I will point out the remnants of this tea and the syringe in your hand to the captain of this plane... I'm sure neither of us wants to see you get in trouble so..." Kiro pauses for a moment, lets it all sink in as he tightens his grip slightly on Dan's wrist, drawing his hand, and the syringe, another inch away from Kiro. "Who sent you Dan...?" Kiro smiles winsomely at Dan, his eyes never leaving Dan's face, never losing that harsh edge.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
Tyrone notices Miguel exit the kitchen. "She kicked you out as soon as the potatoes were peeled, didn't she?" he laughs. "That room is hers. I take my life in my hands making a sandwich for myself."

Yup, he says with a chuckle. Not that I mind much, it's not often someone cooks for me. Miguel sits down on a chair close by.

So whats the scoop on this new team thing? Are all of us going to be invited?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads