(Proposal) Let's build the LEW Pantheon!

Kahuna Burger

First Post
PS, do I need to bother posting to this thread about the Mortalists? They don't actually have a god, so its more of a social thing, but they may be relevant to relationships between religions...

And are there any comments on janosian, particularly the houserules for their clerics?

Kahuna burger

dpdx

Explorer
[If you used the template for Janosian, KB, it'd make it easier to read.]

Gary, do I need to do anything more for Chennet' to submit him to the Judges? I did some flavor edits, and removed the stipulation for clerics.

garyh

First Post
dpdx said:
Gary, do I need to do anything more for Chennet' to submit him to the Judges? I did some flavor edits, and removed the stipulation for clerics.

Chennet' is ready for review. I'll give the other Judges some time to review him, and when they approve, I'll post him to the official pantheon thread.

I vote YES to approve Chennet'. Now we need 2 of the other 3 Judges to chime in.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kahuna Burger said:
you know this is really gonna screw with any attempt on my part to introduce the Ferals, a homebrew race of mine similar to the Elfquest wolfriders... :( :p And while I know its weird to critique a god before its fully posted, from participating in your adventures, it doesn't neccassarily make sense to make him a god of beasts ( = int 2 or less = animal intelligence = normally true neutral). "red in tooth and claw" aside, Kroggy strikes me as more a god of Rabies than any normal part of nature.... ;)

Gods, I hope that your ferals comment was a joke...it seemed a joke.
Kroggoth would run screaming with his tail between his legs at the sight of cutesey furry elves (I'd also put a Judge 'No' vote on them :D)...

God of Rabies, sheesh.
The beasts comment was a quick fire off, God of Hunters would be more like it. Some non-Evils worship him, though they are very few in number.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
Gods, I hope that your ferals comment was a joke...it seemed a joke.
Kroggoth would run screaming with his tail between his legs at the sight of cutesey furry elves (I'd also put a Judge 'No' vote on them :D)...

um, like the wolf riders in that they were in fact part wolf from a long ago encounter between a "druid" gone native and a real wolf, yes, this was a very real, non joking character concept... which worked fairly well.

Since they artists who did elfquest are probably unavailable to illustrate LEW, I'd consider their cuteness level to be pretty irrelevant... ;)

Kahuna burger

Janos Audron

Explorer
Gliran

Enworldian Intermideate Deity
Symbol: Shining Blue Longsword on a Purple Spellbook on a Black Circle
Home Plane: Mechanus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Portfolio: Magic, Efficient Magic Use, Spells
Worshippers: Magic Users
Cleric Alignments: Any Lawful
Domains: Magic, Law, Knowledge
Favored Weapon: "Spells' Substitute" - Longsword.

Gliran, the God of Magic, promotes efficient spell use. Good spells, Evil spells, his Clerics preach that spells are to be used as efficient as possible, disregarding both mortal and divine opinions on the subject. Gliran, for example, encourages his followers to use undead efficiently and with reason: if you need to build a house, it is far easier to let undead carry the stones than humans. Because of this, temples of Gliran aren't always easy to find and Gliran isn't loved among the masses.

Among Wizards (and especially Eldritch Knights), Gliran is a popular deity. One of the few Gods who actively promote the use of magic, Wizards turn to him for inspiration, both for the creative use of spells and for the creation of new spells. Eldritch Knights usually worship him because He, like them, knows that sometimes it is better to use a weapon than to use a spell.

The Church of Gliran is the official religion of Ushad.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kahuna Burger said:
um, like the wolf riders in that they were in fact part wolf from a long ago encounter between a "druid" gone native and a real wolf, yes, this was a very real, non joking character concept... which worked fairly well.

Since they artists who did elfquest are probably unavailable to illustrate LEW, I'd consider their cuteness level to be pretty irrelevant... ;)

Kahuna burger

Um, yeah.
I was an EQ fan (Walter Keene eyes and all), but they had better look out as Kroggoth ,Lord of the Wilders (which is his Title) is gonna eat them up!!!

Maybe they are a force fighting his Minions...Druids do not like Kroggoth, as the Oakheart Lodge expressed.

As far as his Spheres of Influence, Kroggoth is a God of Bestial Nature and reversion. His goal is to revert civilization back to a neolithic period (hunters) where all that mattered was the will of the strong predating on the weak. Thin the herd and all of that. I didn't mean that he was a God of Animals, but he is definately a God of Predators. Lycanthropes think he's nifty,too...the more carnivorous ones,anyways.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
garyh said:
Chennet' is ready for review. I'll give the other Judges some time to review him, and when they approve, I'll post him to the official pantheon thread.

I vote YES to approve Chennet'. Now we need 2 of the other 3 Judges to chime in.

I give Chennet,Phyrah and Gliran a Yes.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Since Gary also mentioned that he wanted the previous deities reposted...

Taka
"ta-ka"
The Falcon

Enworldian Lesser Deity
Symbol: A green falcon's head on dark gray
Home Plane: Gray Waste of Hades
Alignment: Neutral Evil.
Portfolio: Thievery, dishonesty with self.
Worshippers: Rogues, assassins, self-justifiers.
Cleric Alignments: LE, NE, CE.
Domains: Evil, Trickery, Luck
Favored Weapon: "Falcon Claw" (spiked chain).

Taka is the patron deity of those who steal and those whose disillusions lead them to believe they are doing right, even when - in truth - they are doing wrong. Thus, her followers run the gamut from those who steal physical posessions to those who steal the dreams and hopes others by destroying them or their souls. Her priests her always secretive, and generally can be found where con men and thieves lair, though some may hide themselves behind the garb of another priesthood.

-----

By the way, I'm also in the middle of working out a more detailed set of information for Taka. What I gave out was just a rough sketch of her religion... hopefully I'll have some more detailed info for the judges in a week or two.

garyh

First Post
Uriel said:
I give Chennet,Phyrah and Gliran a Yes.

I will give Phyrah and Gliran a Yes as well.

GW - should we wait for your additional Taka info, or can we evaluate her now?

Last edited:

Remove ads