(Proposal) Let's build the LEW Pantheon!

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
garyh said:
GW - should we wait for your additional Taka info, or can we evaluate her now?

Pretty much, the new info will build off of what is there; her role doesn't really change, it is just clarified and explained in greater detail.

I should have it done tonight; I'll put it up when I do.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Not to be snarky, but since a couple of gods listed after mine have now been almost aproved, would anyone at least like to comment? I'm not feeling the love of balance here... ;)

Kahuna burger

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Here is the document I promised earlier, giving a few more paragraphs of detail concerning Taka ;)...

Attachments

• Taka.doc
    15.5 KB · Views: 117

Creamsteak

Explorer
Let me make a recommendation about these sorta proposals. One thread for each makes me pay MUCH more attention to them. Sorry about not being able to review any of these till now. I'll look at the others soon, but first I'm going to hit Chennet and KB's deity since they've been pointed out to me.

Chennet has my support for the pantheon. I'd like to see fuller write ups on all deities soon enough (including my own, obviously) but that's a fine idea for a god.

KB, I'm looking at your god and my first thoughts are that I'd like to see this god related with time in some way. I realize that might seem like a stretch, but it's something I'd like to see in a balance god. A Time based domain to compliment the eternal struggle that neutral powers work with. Other than that... I could think of a few domains that could be made for the deity itself.

If you want me to write a "possible" re-proposal for your deity like I did for some of the prestige classes, I'd enjoy it. But it's your creation, and I'm just curious about what kinds of domains you want to see for it.

garyh

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Let me make a recommendation about these sorta proposals. One thread for each makes me pay MUCH more attention to them.

That'd make it easier to check them each for approval, too. Should we tell everyone to create a new thread for each submitted deity?

WizWrm

First Post
Shural and Kazikazi, split halves of the ancient goblin deity Shural-Kazi. I had a write-up of a band of "goodly," intelligent goblins in the works, but I thought I'd see if the mythology behind it would be approved before I went ahead with it. Basically, this is what I had in mind:

Shural-Kazi was formed/came to Enworld and created a race, the goblins, and allotted to them a "holy land," which was a small section of some mountain range. They built a great city and became a fairly advanced culture before they first encountered the dwarves. Each race's competitive nature and similar outlook inevitably led them to conflict (of details TBA), and there was a schism within the goblin civilization. One faction demanded war on the dwarves, and the other insisted upon self-imposed isolation in pursuit of their god's desires. Drawn to ideological extremes, their deity was split in two, as was their civilization - civil war resulted, wrecking the city. The followers of Kazikazi were driven underground, while the surviving worshippers of Shural retreated to the mountains, forming a peaceful, ascetic culture that occasionally ventured out for trade or other purposes. Most Enworlders today are familiar only with the first kind of goblin, who are twisted in mind and in form by their raging deity.

Of course, this may not be the direction you want for Enworld goblins.

[color=0099FF]Shural[/color]
"sher-all"
Lord Jade, the Resolute One

Enworldian Lesser Deity
Symbol: A goblin with a long white beard and a peaceful mien, holding a hammer in one hand.
Home Plane: Peaceable Kingdom of Arcadia.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
Portfolio: Mountain goblins, architecture, reason and rationalism.
Worshippers: Mountain goblins, builders.
Cleric Alignments: LN, LG, LE.
Domains: Earth, Knowledge, Law, Protection.
Favored Weapon: "Greyhand" (hammer, light or war).

Shural is the aspect most similar to the original deity, Shural-Kazi. He is patron of the clever mountain goblins as well as an inspiration for the great city-builders and architects of times past. Shural encourages the use of reason and skepticism, and believes that all foes (physical or metaphorical) may be overcome by learning to understand them and their weaknesses. He prizes efficiency in action and grace in form, and demands a code of personal honor among his followers.

[color=CC0000]Kazikazi[/color]
"kahzi-kahzi"
Frenzy-Caller, Broken Face

Enworldian Lesser Deity
Symbol: A twisting, full-toothed goblinoid sneer.
Home Plane: Infinite Layers of the Abyss.
Alignment: Chaotic Evil.
Portfolio: Goblins, tunneling, animalistic vengeance.
Worshippers: Goblins and goblinoids, evil berserkers.
Cleric Alignments: CE, CN, NE.
Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Strength, War.
Favored Weapon: "Smashtooth" (pick, heavy or light).

Kazikazi is the aspect that broke from Shural-Kazi when a faction of the greater deity's goblins originally rebelled. He is the ruler over the "lower" goblins now, and spurs his followers to wild attacks and crazed bloodlust. Kazikazi encourages the digging of tunnels and warrens, and hates the surface world and the light. He would see his followers ruling over the world from the underground, if he had the organization to do it. Kazikazi's name is often shouted during the swarming raids of his worshippers.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
garyh said:
That'd make it easier to check them each for approval, too. Should we tell everyone to create a new thread for each submitted deity?
No problem. It'll give me a place to put all the stuff I'm going to write about Chennet'. And by the way, thanks for the approval. I'm going to get started right away.

Last edited:

Sparky

I kicked around making Phyrah part of a triad... one of three sisters. Any objections? She and her sisters would have to be approved of course, though she stands alone just fine. It's just seems very... mythic to have sister goddesses. I wanted to do seven but that seemed like overkill/hogging the thread.

Hey, what if other folks posted their own goddesses to the Seven Sisters? I was thinking that they were goddesses of natural phenomena and related things. Phyrah is one so there are six others. I've got a hazy idea for a goddess of mist/fog and secrets. Existing goddess proposals are welcome if their creators are interested.

dpdx

Explorer
Anybody who wants to help me with Chennet' is welcome to post to Chennet's thread, "All things Chennet'." Just thought I'd point out that it's getting a little lonely in there.

Okay, so, as far as Phyrah is concerned, which elements also need to be covered? Should there be a Sister of Water, for example, or is there already one?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases