(Proposal) Let's build the LEW Pantheon!

Sparky

I have a few questions:

1) Were there ever any Greater Deities? What happened to them?

2) Are there any ideas or guidelines for what Intermediate Deities should be?
- How many Intermediate Deities are there? Lesser Deities? Demigods?
- What sorts of Portfolios/Domains should each have? (Intermediates have natural phenomena, Lessers have emotional phenomena - that sort of thing)

3) What is the real distinction from an ingame standpoint between gods of greater and lesser power? Are some older than others? More popular?

4) How long is will the open call be... well, open?

garyh

First Post
Sparky said:
I have a few questions:

1) Were there ever any Greater Deities? What happened to them?

2) Are there any ideas or guidelines for what Intermediate Deities should be?
- How many Intermediate Deities are there? Lesser Deities? Demigods?
- What sorts of Portfolios/Domains should each have? (Intermediates have natural phenomena, Lessers have emotional phenomena - that sort of thing)

3) What is the real distinction from an ingame standpoint between gods of greater and lesser power? Are some older than others? More popular?

4) How long is will the open call be... well, open?

1 - I think we will probably introduce greater deities. However, since greater deities are such a major force in most game worlds, I think they should be handled differently. Not sure how yet, maybe designed all together so that their relationships make sense, and then fixed in number... that sort of thing.

2 - Guidelines? Not really. Number of deities at each level would be whatever we get submitted, really. And I don't think each tier of god necessarily needs a theme.

However, I imagine less powerful deities usually have more specific and smaller portfolios. For example, Hyrag is a lesser sun god, but he represents the "lifegiving aspect of the sun (and) destuction of undead." I imagine we'll eventually have an intermediate (or probably greater) sun god with a wider portfolio, whom Hyrag is an ally or servant of.

That's my take, anyway.

3 - Mechanical difference among deity tiers... I'd say none particularly. Mostly it's flavor. I'd say in general the more powerful gods are older and more popular, but it's certainly possible for a god to go against that idea, and in fact, that could lead to at least couple cool concept - the newcomer god that is a powerful force in the pantheon, or the older god who's been fading in power and popularity for hundreds of years.

4 - Not sure. At least a month, but I'm not actually sure if we really need to close it. So long as new deities are unique and don't duplicate existing themes, I could see continual deity additions.

Last edited:

Sparky

garyh said:
4 - Not sure. At least a month, but I'm not actually sure if we really need to close it. So long as new deities are unique and don't duplicate existing themes, I could see continual deity additions.

*imagines the celestial want-ad circulating in all the divine newspapers*

Are You an Intermediate or Lesser deity with a unique portfolio, but no followers? Enworld needs You! Are You tired of all the infighting in Your current pantheon and looking for a way out? Enworld needs You! Are Your followers losing faith in You and turning to other, lesser deities? Enworld needs You!

Experience a plus.

Call today!

Sparky

Proposal questions

A few questions:

1) Do domain spell lists have to draw their spells from the cleric lists? Or can they be drawn from all spells?

2) Phyrah and Ayratha are two of the proposed Seven Sisters. With the new thought (in Ayratha's thread) that the goddesses are all half-sisters with the same mother - what male gods not already proposed are available to have sired offspring?
- Delanor
- Antonidas
- Hyrag
- Grendath

3) For the creators of new gods – which of these are available to have sired offspring?
- Ker
- Janiosen
- Kroggoth (not a new god, but not a detailed one either)
- Gliran

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Domain spells can come from anywhere. Some spells are even unique to given domains (although obviously you'd have to get those approved serperately).

Edit: Finally got around to Sela, sister of Stone. Sparky, your input would be much appreciated. :)

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
As Hyrag's creater, I have no problem with him fathering one of the Seven Sisters. So, what portfolio should his daughter have?

dpdx

Explorer
Judges: Chennet' currently has three domains. I'd like to add another: Metal. (And zen I'll stop.)

The seed will be from FRCS, which I've gotten a glance at, but I also picked up 3.5 DMG, and will be milking it for ideas along with Velmont and T. Hobbes, my indispensable partners in god-building.

garyh

First Post
dpdx said:
Judges: Chennet' currently has three domains. I'd like to add another: Metal. (And zen I'll stop.)

The seed will be from FRCS, which I've gotten a glance at, but I also picked up 3.5 DMG, and will be milking it for ideas along with Velmont and T. Hobbes, my indispensable partners in god-building.

The domain is, of course, subject to review, but I highly encourage it! :)

Remove ads