(Proposal) Let's build the LEW Pantheon!

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
dpdx said:
... and T. Hobbes, my indispensable partners in god-building.

Now there's a title!

garyh said:
As Hyrag's creater, I have no problem with him fathering one of the Seven Sisters. So, what portfolio should his daughter have?

Just for some soap-opera drama amongst the gods, we could makes his daughter the "Night and lovers" one. I like the idea of no-nonsense, Paladin Hyrag with an errant, overly romantic and generally wishy-washy daughter. :D

Thoughts?

(Also, speaking of domains, an adapted "Community" domain is in the Sela thread. So some thoughts on that would be appreciated, as I'm not sure if it's too powerful).

garyh

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
Just for some soap-opera drama amongst the gods, we could makes his daughter the "Night and lovers" one. I like the idea of no-nonsense, Paladin Hyrag with an errant, overly romantic and generally wishy-washy daughter. :D

Thoughts?

Works for me.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Creamsteak said:
KB, I'm looking at your god and my first thoughts are that I'd like to see this god related with time in some way. I realize that might seem like a stretch, but it's something I'd like to see in a balance god. A Time based domain to compliment the eternal struggle that neutral powers work with. Other than that... I could think of a few domains that could be made for the deity itself.

If you want me to write a "possible" re-proposal for your deity like I did for some of the prestige classes, I'd enjoy it. But it's your creation, and I'm just curious about what kinds of domains you want to see for it.

I don't personally see the time connection, and any domains need to be balanced (which is why I couldn't just do up a balance domain for it...) In terms of good domains, light and shadow, sound and scilence, any matched emotional domains...

I guess I can see some connection between a god of balance and issues of time, but this wouldn't be the right god of balance for it... might better fit one of the greater dieties whose age and wisdom have have brought it both portfolios?

I need to decide what part of janosian worship is core and what needs a PrC... I think I will soon have a Janosion character as my fighter has a religious expereince...

btw, I forget who mentioned it, butaside from font, what changes would be made to my submission to fit the gerneral form used?

Kahuna Burger

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sparky said:
3) For the creators of new gods – which of these are available to have sired offspring?
- Ker
- Janiosen
- Kroggoth (not a new god, but not a detailed one either)
- Gliran

Janiosen (how am I spelling that?) is niether male nor female, and probably doesn't have any children...

Sparky

Would Janiosen (dominant spelling in the proposal) Clerics choose a dichotomy to follow?

Or would they Strive for Balance in All Things (tm)?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sparky said:
Would Janiosen (dominant spelling in the proposal) Clerics choose a dichotomy to follow?

Or would they Strive for Balance in All Things (tm)?

yes to both. Obviously, their choice of domains would reflect/influence their primary balance 'issue' for what of a better term... For instance, Sara, who never liked goody types who think they have the right to judge everyone else, has recently gotten burned by the evil type who thinks he's the only one who matters. If she had a religious expereicne and become a Janiosen(en), she would undoubtably choose evil and good as her domains, and be able to fight both extremes equally well. However, a shift of that nature would also effect other attitudes, causing her to actively try to see the value in peaceful activity as well as fighting, and tone down her more chaotic tendancies. In order for her to start the PrC, both the character's mechanical focus and attitude would have evolved in ways that are not related to her probable domain choice...

If that makes any sense... gotta start that prc...

Kahuna Burger

Jack Haggerty

First Post
For the record...

Here's a list of the currently proposed deities that have not yet been completely approved by the judges:

Lesser Deities
  • Ayratha, LN Goddess of Fire and Change
  • Chennet', NG God of the Forge.
  • Geoth, NG God of Hospitality
  • Ieranth, CE God of Destruction and Doom
  • Phyrah, TN Goddess of Wind and Travel
  • Sela, LN Goddess of Stone and Achievement
  • Shural & Kazikazi, LN & CE Gods of Goblin Reason & Vengeance

Demigods
  • Mongrel, CN God of Wanderers and Bastards

If all of these are approved, and you also take into consideration the approved gods, there are:

1 Intermediate Diety
13 Lesser Deities
1 Demigod

1 Chaotic Good, 4 Neutral Good, 2 Lawful Good
1 Chaotic Neutral, 1 Neutral, 3 Lawful Neutral
2 Chaotic Evil, 1 Neutral Evil, 0 Lawful Evil

In other words, we have an over-abundance of Lesser Deities, and Chaotic and Evil Deities are outnumbered by Lawful and Good (not that that's necessarily bad).

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Here's another question...

When detailing a deity's favored weapon, some people list a mundane weapon for the clerics, while others list a magical weapon... presumably what the god carries and fights with. I had always assumed it should be the first, since actual gods are unlikely to be encountered and undoubtedly have more potent weapons in their arsenals.

Or am I being stupid, because it really doesn't make a difference?

Does anyone else have an opinion?

Macbeth

First Post
Thanks tons for the links, Jack. I'll start looking through the deities again now that I finally seem to be over this $#%^ flu (I thought I was going to get some quality Living Enworld time this past weekend, but the flu made a comback, and I spent a large part of the weekend semi-conscious on my friends bed watching while he beat FFX-2.)

Remove ads