(Proposal) Let's build the LEW Pantheon!

Velmont

First Post
dpdx said:
Because greataxe is Chennet's favored weapon, and this is kind of a domain just for him. Also, the Realms Metal one is already hammer, and I didn't want to copy.

I must warn you, a domain is NOT related to a god but to the spirit of the domain itself. Giving a power domain because it fits with a God is a bad thing. I think it would fit more to have something like:

Skill Focus in any one Craft that work metal.

That is in the spirit of the domain. Anyway, the War domain already give a proficiency (and focus) to the God favored weapon, so even there, you duplicate another domain power.

dpdx

Explorer
I like the Skill Focus idea, but would it stack with the +2 bonus that dwarves already get?

Also, how do the spells look? There's a Druid spell at level 2, and some tweaked arcane magic at 7 and one other level, I think.

Anyway, I'll read up some more on domains in the material I have, and put what I come up with in Chennet's thread.

Velmont

First Post
dpdx said:
I like the Skill Focus idea, but would it stack with the +2 bonus that dwarves already get?

The dwarves have a +2 racial bonus, and so it doesn't stack with any other recial bonus, but that's the only racial bonus they have on Craft.

Skill Focus is an unamed bonus, and so, it stack with any bonus (even oter unamed), so yes, it's stack with the dwarf bonus.

Sparky

Thomas Hobbes said:
Now there's a title!

Just for some soap-opera drama amongst the gods, we could makes his daughter the "Night and lovers" one. I like the idea of no-nonsense, Paladin Hyrag with an errant, overly romantic and generally wishy-washy daughter. :D

Thoughts?

(Also, speaking of domains, an adapted "Community" domain is in the Sela thread. So some thoughts on that would be appreciated, as I'm not sure if it's too powerful).

Meant to post this some time ago. Since her father is the healing power of the sun, I was thinking she could be the enchanting power of moon and star light... and falling out of that, a goddess of night and lovers.

dpdx

Explorer
I expect you're wondering why I've gathered you all here.

There have been at least additions to, and at most some turnover in, our judge ranks. Jack Haggerty, nimisgod, and myself are now judges, and it would appear that garyh and possibly Macbeth will not have the time or access to devote to LEW that they used to.

Since last November, a lot of creativity got left to wither on the vine, including this thread and many others, which haven't been posted to in at least a month. That's not anybody's fault - without feedback from Judges, there can't be much development, and you hadn't been getting much. But hopefully, with new and (so far) committed judges, we can fill out our world a little more, like Creamsteak asked.

For myself, I'm a LONG way from being able to thoughtfully consider ANY additional proposals, like I said in the other thread.

So, just so you know, I'm in the process right now of finding out what I don't need to approve, so that once that's sorted out, I can concentrate on what I do need to approve.

And since I've haven't been told differently, this is what I'm going by:

- any deity proposal that got up votes from three of the original judges is in.

- any deity proposal that got less than three up votes, but still got up votes, still counts as having gotten those, and only needs (3 - votes) more to make three.​

I'm now going to go off and read all seventy LEW threads to see what I can find out. Any conclusions I come to I'll post in this thread.

If you worked on something, I will come to it, eventually.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
I took some time to review all the proposed gods this morning. Fortunately, there aren't many rules to worry about, so it went pretty quickly. Unless I missed one, I gave my approval to all proposed gods... They're all good ideas, and fit into the world quite well.

I know that many of these have already been officially approved, but I wanted to throw my support behind them anyway.

Approved By Jack:

Hyrag, The Lightbringer, Deathslayer
Ker, The Angry Dwarf
Chennet', The Heart of the Forge, Soul of the Ground
Gliran, God of Magic
Taka, The Falcon
Shural, Lord Jade, the Resolute One
Kazikazi, Frenzy-Caller, Broken Face
Cursed, Painmaker, Spiteworker
Taurusk, The Horns of Blood, Warlord, The Bull
Ieranth, The Hex Lord, Doom King, Grim
Sela, Sister of Stone, The Pillar, The Mason
Ayratha, Lady of the Gauntlet, Fire Sister
Geoth, Old Pot, The Brewlord, The Glutton
Phyrah, The Searcher
Mongrel, The Stray Dog

There were occasional new domains proposed along with some gods. I don't think I had a problem with most of them, though I postd new suggestions for one or two of them.

Last edited:

Remove ads