Proposal: PH2 and SORCERER

Don Incognito

First Post
Part of what has been holding me back is the lack of a timeline regarding the expulsion from the mainland. I'm assuming that it was hundreds (if not thousands) of years ago.

So the Daunton is founded, and for a while things are pretty good; some portals are opened to far lands, and trade is established and all that jazz. Then, there's a hiccup; they open a portal to a far land in the form of a big stone archway in the ocean not far from Daunton (sort of like Stargate; big enough for ships to go through), and as soon as it is opened, dozens of refugee ships come fleeing to Daunton, being chased by even more warships.

It turns out that this Far Land (I have yet to come up with a name, but it is rather Egypt-inspired, so I'm thinking let's call it Ma'at) is ruled by a powerful deva caste that are worshipped as living gods. Since devas are caught in an unending cycle of reincarnation, they have convinced the goliaths that if they lead a life of subjugation and servitude, they too can be reincarnated as devas (a lie). Those few devas and goliaths who resisted immediatly fled when the portal opened, being chased by the fanatics. Daunton welcomed the refugees with opened arms, and a war was on between the city-state of Daunton and the holy desert of Ma'at.

Long story short, not only did Daunton win, they were able to push Ma'at forces back through the portal and establish a small outpost in Ma'at territory. The war never really stopped, but it slowed to a crawl. Ma'at decided to allow the outpost to survive, and even occasionally refugees to flee to Daunton.

Of course, this needs cleaning up, but you get the idea. Devas and goliaths with Ma'at as a home can be refugees living in Daunton, but the origional refugees consider Daunton their home, and thus goliaths and devas can choose Daunton as a home region as well.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I thought we were putting the backgrounds on hold too, until we could find a way to bring them in line with the pre-existing ones (possibly by improving the pre-existing ones).
Oh yeah ... I'd rather not bring in the backgrounds without some more consideration. So, then, here's my vote:
I propose that we adopt the PHB2 as legal material, except that the expertise feats (weapon expertise, implement expertise) are disallowed and replaced with a free +1(heroic expertise, to be listed as a feat in the character sheet) bonus to attack rolls at level 5. This bonus increases to +2(paragon expertise) at level 15 and +3(epic expertise) at level 25.
I vote YES on this, with the additional exception of the backgrounds detailed in chapter 3.

I believe the timing on this is such that in the 48 hours it will take for this to be official it will be after the 3-month mark when this is actually approved, assuming no judges vote "no" before then.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
So, if there is something that makes sense for Incarnation for the PH2, I can resubmit him right? He just hit second and no one seems to have looked at him yet.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
So, if there is something that makes sense for Incarnation for the PH2, I can resubmit him right? He just hit second and no one seems to have looked at him yet.
I don't see any reason why not.

Perhaps the polite thing to do, for stonegod and anyone else wanting to do this, would be to send a followup email saying "Wait! I want to change something now that we have the PHB2!" just so some poor fellow doesn't spend time going over your sheet before you're really ready ;) [LS hunkers down, preparing for the onslaught of emails.]

Sound good?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
I believe the timing on this is such that in the 48 hours it will take for this to be official it will be after the 3-month mark when this is actually approved, assuming no judges vote "no" before then.

Actually, since there seem to be only four active judges, the fourth's vote doesn't matter. Even if it turns out to be 3-1, that's still the minimum YES votes needed, and the the YES votes outnumber the NO vote by exactly two.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I don't see any reason why not.

Perhaps the polite thing to do, for stonegod and anyone else wanting to do this, would be to send a followup email saying "Wait! I want to change something now that we have the PHB2!" just so some poor fellow doesn't spend time going over your sheet before you're really ready ;) [LS hunkers down, preparing for the onslaught of emails.]

Sound good?
Done.

covaithe

Explorer
True, very true.

So, unless Dunamin suddenly appears and tag-teams with garyh on a "no" vote, we're good ;)

Technically, the "victory conditions" have to apply for 48 hours, so in theory one of us could change our minds in that time and tank it. I doubt that's going to happen, though.

Atanatotatos

First Post
So... I received the proposal and accepted, like I had promised. Is there a procedure to follow or I can vote? I suppose that'd speed things up...

Remove ads