Proposal: PH2 and SORCERER

renau1g

First Post
Oh, it'd also be Crit-Tacular....Assuming 5 avengers all attacking their Oath target each round there'd be 10 rolls a round, assuming 5% chance for crit on each roll, there'd be a 50% chance for a crit.... combine that with 5 executioner axes and ....well....yeah... the damage would be quite extensive.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Mmm ... Crit-tastic. Tastes like chicken. :)

Oh, and my avenger is almost ready. He'll probably be in tonight. I have a feeling that he's very, very different than ren's avenger, haha.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah I was looking him over a bit and I would love to see them in action together, Tristan chasing down prey across the battlefield, Blade running into the thick of things to get to his foe...I think the only thing that's the same is our Wis & perpection Scores ;).

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Just to make sure (i read the thread quickly):

- PHB2 will be accepted in a few hours. All is good except Expertise.
- Everyone will have a flat bonus at lvl 5,10 and 15 of +1/+2/+3
- Background is accepted

If all that is true, I am wondering, will it be possible to change teh actual background of am active character?
Yup, you've got that all correct.

You can change your background if you use your one-and-only character overhaul. Keep in mind that you only get one overhaul throughout your character's life. But, if that's what you want to do, go ahead with it.

covaithe

Explorer
You can change your background if you use your one-and-only character overhaul. Keep in mind that you only get one overhaul throughout your character's life. But, if that's what you want to do, go ahead with it.

This is something that I think we still need to address at some point. Rules elements and will keep getting added (though hopefully not at this torrential rate...) and we're going to have to work out a way to let characters evolve. Slightly lax retraining rules are all well and good, but backgrounds, class features, etc... I don't know what the answer is, but I think we will need a way to let people change these things.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah it's definitely hard, but I think that's what the retirement mechanism is for right? If I want Murphy to be a Dark-lock now, I can't just change because that book wasn't available. It's similar to a RL game. I'm playing a defending swordmage right now, but if I want to play an assaulting one, I can't just do it, or change where my PC's from.

That's kind of part of the game right? You can't re-jig your PC concept every couple of months when a new splatbook comes out in RL, so it shouldn't be the case here, at least IMHO.

Note: Velmont, I was by no means insinuating that this was something you were looking to do, just bringing up a point.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Yeah it's definitely hard, but I think that's what the retirement mechanism is for right? If I want Murphy to be a Dark-lock now, I can't just change because that book wasn't available. It's similar to a RL game. I'm playing a defending swordmage right now, but if I want to play an assaulting one, I can't just do it, or change where my PC's from.

That's kind of part of the game right? You can't re-jig your PC concept every couple of months when a new splatbook comes out in RL, so it shouldn't be the case here, at least IMHO.

Note: Velmont, I was by no means insinuating that this was something you were looking to do, just bringing up a point.

Your DM runs a much tighter ship than I did. I basically told my players that as long as the character remains pretty much the same concept-wise, they could do what they like with the mechanics. I was certainly willing to let my warlock player switch to the Dark Pact when she asked if she could.

Anyway, now that I see what the retirement can be used for, I think "retirement" is a slightly misleading name for it. I thought it was totally against the spirit of it to retire Bob the Strength Paladin to bring out Bob the Charisma Paladin, but I guess that's actually ok. Which I like.

Remove ads