Proposal: PH2 and SORCERER

Oni

First Post
Good job Evo, I'd forgotten about the spirit companion.

It's a mess if you ask me, especially regarding 3-D combat, and already has CS issuing rules contradictory rulings.

The ability to move in 3 dimensions vastly impacts its effectiveness.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Good job Evo, I'd forgotten about the spirit companion.

It's a mess if you ask me, especially regarding 3-D combat, and already has CS issuing rules contradictory rulings.

The ability to move in 3 dimensions vastly impacts its effectiveness.

I'd know I'd open a can of worms with this. I think it's something to be talked about. Different DMs might do things different ways. Something hard, fast, and easy would be best.

ryryguy

First Post
On a slightly different subject... does fitting any of the new races or other material into the setting need to be discussed?

I guess the only new races that weren't covered in their MM incarnations are goliath, deva, and half-orc? Half-orc could be lumped in with orc, but maybe an additional home/background for them in the setting would be nice.

renau1g

First Post
I'd wait until after they're approved, then someone wanting to play them should put a proposal together detailing their new home.

covaithe

Explorer
I seem to remember Don Incognito did some work on devas (and goliaths? I think so, but I'm fuzzier there...) a while ago, which people were generally enthusiastic about.

covaithe

Explorer
I feel like there's a reasonable consensus to go with a flat bonus at 5/15/25 and forgo the expertise feats altogether.

That means, if I understand correctly, that we're about ready to vote on something like this:

proposal said:
Adopt the PHB2 as legal material, except that the expertise feats (weapon expertise, implement expertise) are disallowed and replaced with a free +1 bonus to attack rolls at level 5. This bonus increases to +2 at level 15 and +3 at level 25.

Can I get somebody to propose something like this so I can vote on it?

Atanatotatos

First Post
I propose that we adopt the PHB2 as legal material, except that the expertise feats (weapon expertise, implement expertise) are disallowed and replaced with a free +1(heroic expertise, to be listed as a feat in the character sheet) bonus to attack rolls at level 5. This bonus increases to +2(paragon expertise) at level 15 and +3(epic expertise) at level 25.

covaithe

Explorer
i propose that we adopt the phb2 as legal material, except that the expertise feats (weapon expertise, implement expertise) are disallowed and replaced with a free +1(heroic expertise, to be listed as a feat in the character sheet) bonus to attack rolls at level 5. This bonus increases to +2(paragon expertise) at level 15 and +3(epic expertise) at level 25.

I vote YES.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
I thought we were putting the backgrounds on hold too, until we could find a way to bring them in line with the pre-existing ones (possibly by improving the pre-existing ones).

Remove ads