Quests From The Infinite Staircase

D&D 5E Quests From The Infinite Staircase

Also, gibberlings are demons now??
Eh, that's not too huge of a retcon, as their origins were always shadowy and uncertain previously. Them being mindless hordes of minor demons instead of mindless hordes of humanoids isn't a big difference in the end.

Anything else of interest? Maybe a screenshot of the stat block? And ditto for leprechauns.

TravDoc42

Getting a hang of this!
Eh, that's not too huge of a retcon, as their origins were always shadowy and uncertain previously. Them being mindless hordes of minor demons instead of mindless hordes of humanoids isn't a big difference in the end.

Anything else of interest? Maybe a screenshot of the stat block? And ditto for leprechauns.
Here's the gibberlings and the leprechaun!

Attachments

• 20240709_160914.jpg
    20240709_160914.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 95
  • 20240709_160934.jpg
    20240709_160934.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 88

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the maps - good, bad and ugly. Also, Lost Caverns...does it touch on Tharizdun? I might have more, but there's a start...
At first blush, the maps are great. This book uses the more detailed, full color approach, the Lost City maps for the first 5 Levels (the original Adventure proper) are pretty exact in the dimensions, but Expedition to the Barrier Peaks has some big redesigns at first blush.

I will say that the maps for Barrier Peaks are the most original and different in presentation of any maps released for 5E, bat none.

No Tharizdun mention at a quick scan.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
At first blush, the maps are great. This book uses the more detailed, full color approach, the Lost City maps for the first 5 Levels (the original Adventure proper) are pretty exact in the dimensions, but Expedition to the Barrier Peaks has some big redesigns at first blush.

I will say that the maps for Barrier Peaks are the most original and different in presentation of any maps released for 5E, bat none.

That's really good to hear about the maps. While I love Dyson Logos' maps, my preference is full colored and more detailed maps for this collection.

Not surprised by the changes they made for the Barrier Peak maps, which were kind of a mess to begin with. In Goodman's update, they spent a fair amount of text explaining the fixes they had to do to make them consistent with the room descriptions and numbering. Throw in how massive and empty some areas were and they were ripe for a revision. Glad they did it.

And while a little disappointed, not surprised there's no mention of the elder one. Still plan on picking this up over the weekend.

Thanks!

Could you show a picture of a lost city map. Also do we get the empty maps for the bottom five levels?

Remove ads