Quests From The Infinite Staircase

D&D 5E Quests From The Infinite Staircase

Yeah like this is part of their 2e entry

It is difficult to imagine a gibberling social structure. It can be roughly compared to the social structure of lemmings throwing themselves into the sea, or of a school of pirhana in a feeding frenzy. There is no sense, no organization, and no individuality. Though they clearly have a primitive means of communicating among themselves, they have no discernable language.
It’s also mentioned it’s unclear how, when or even if they reproduce.

Like they don’t even seem properly sentient.

I picked a copy from my FLGS, and while I'm still flipping through, I'm impressed that they kept reference to the
Iron Shadow from the 2e Tales from the Infinite Staircase adventure!

What does Pharoh say about the other adventures in the Desert of Desolation series and is it still set in the Forgotten Realms please?

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Why, there is nothing really humanoid about them.

I think they look good for VTT, and that is looking at low quality images too.
Because I already use them as an underground threat in my campaign, and they weren't demons, i.e. demon bane didn't work against them etc.

So for continuity is the answer.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Like @MonsterEnvy, I have to ask why as well. It's not like there's some deep storied lore about them being humanoid - there's no in-game gibberling history or society to speak of. They've never been more than mindless, madness-inducing swarms. Making them demons is barely even a retcon at all...
Unless you were already using them and they weren't demons.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
What does Pharoh say about the other adventures in the Desert of Desolation series and is it still set in the Forgotten Realms please?
It mentions the other modules exist in the historical sidebar. The Forgotten Realms is one of the optional Settings offered to the DM in the intro, it also suggests the Bright Desert in the Flannaes, the Plains of Dust on Krynn, and the Blade Desert on Eberron.

It is basically treated as a generic Setting module, same as the others: this is an edited and rewritten version of I3, not the latter FR version. I would have to bust out my second hand I3, but it seems the setup and flavor are heavily rewritten, which makes sense as we know that they consulted an Egyptologist.

The Modules are presented similarly to the other anthologies, with multiple Setting suggeations, usually three or four of Greyhawk, FR, Dragonlance, Mystara, or Eberron. Notable outlier is Beyond the Crystal Cave suggests Theros as an option.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
What plants are there under the horrid plant monster entry, and what are the tower stewards (and which adventure are they from)?
Tower Stewards are from When a Star Falls:

20240710_083812.jpg
20240710_083743.jpg

Remove ads