Quests From The Infinite Staircase

D&D 5E Quests From The Infinite Staircase

Tower Stewards are from When a Star Falls:

View attachment 371879View attachment 371880

I wonder if the Variants within the stat block like you get in the Summon spells like the Horrid Plants here is something you can expect in next years MM? I hope so, it's a great way to create variety with less space used up. Deva would be great for this treatment, a single stat block for Astral, Monadic, Movanic, and maybe Incarnate Devas.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
The Modules are presented similarly to the other anthologies, with multiple Setting suggeations, usually three or four of Greyhawk, FR, Dragonlance, Mystara, or Eberron. Notable outlier is Beyond the Crystal Cave suggests Theros as an option.
No suggestions for Exandria? ☹️

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
No suggestions for Exandria? ☹️
Let's tally 'em up:

Lost City
  • Dragonlance
  • Forgotten Realms
  • Mystara

When a Star Falls
  • Eberron
  • Forgotten realms
  • Greyhawk

Beyond the Crystal Cave
  • Greyhawk
  • Dragonlance
  • Eberron
  • Theros

Pharaoh
  • Forgotten Realms
  • Dragonlance
  • Eberron
  • Greyhawk

The Loat Caverns of Tsojcanth
  • Greyhawk
  • Eberron
  • Forgotten Realms

Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
  • Greyhawk
  • Dragonlance
  • Eberron
  • Forgotten Realms

So, in total:

Greyhawk: 5
Forgotten Realms: 5
Eberron: 5
Dragonlance: 4
Mystara: 1
Theros: 1

No other overt suggestions, but the book also recommends mixing with the other anthology books by name as a full list.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
I am surprised it is not the same three or four for all adventures

I understand that some are better fits than others, but I expected that regardless
It is exactly the same format as the other Anthology books, such as Radiant Citadel or Golden Vault.

Each Setting also has a bit about where it could be set, and some faction/nation substitution suggestions.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
I guess I never paid close attention then, I thought it was always GH, FR, DL, and maybe a fourth one
Double-checking, Tales from the Yawning Portal is consistently GH, FR, DL, and Eberron. Candlekeep and Golden Vault make no suggestions.

However, Radiant Citadel, which this anthology resembles with the interdimensional frame, is all over the place: each module has it own original Setting and two suggestions, and those can be FR, GH, Wbwrron, DL, Mystara or even Ravenloft.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
So, the dungeon maps and structure of Pharaoh are pretty much the same, but the framing is pretty much entirely different. All the stuff about hunting bandits is gone, and the ba dies in the pyramid are now a religious organization mounting an archeological Expedition to figure out how to lift the curse on the land, and are definite allies for the PCs.

Tower Stewards are from When a Star Falls:

View attachment 371879View attachment 371880
What a smart way to get in several monstrous plant types in all at once. Just make a base, and then add on special attacks for each variant. This could definitely work in other situations as well.

Glad to see the snapper saw back, that's an old school monster that I used once or twice back in the day...

Remove ads