• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Race Elimination Round 4!!!

What is your Least Favourite Race?

• Dwarf

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Eladrin

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Elf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Genasi

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Githzerai

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Gnome

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Goblin

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Half-elf

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Half-orc

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Hobgoblin

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Human

• Kobold

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Longtooth Shifter

• Orc

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Razorclaw Shifter

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Poll closed .

unan oranis

First Post
This is fun.

Imagine your campaigns race selection for players was based off of this system? I wonder what final 6 pc races will be allowed for "vote-wurld".

Sad to see the humans going, but happy that the classic dwarf and elf have zero votes!

interwyrm

First Post
I'm a diehard elfhater, but a) I wanted the half-elves to die first, and b) elves aren't as bad in this edition as in any previous one.

Holy Bovine

First Post
All gnomes are evil.

I'll go one further - gnomes aren't even a truly sentient race. I use a completely biased and silly experience in a game I'm in where the gnome bad guy (rolleyes) despite being bloodied and alone (we killed his 5 allies) refused honourable surrender when we guaranteed his life would be spared. That's is just madness and my barbarian PC decided then and there that gnomes were not a truly sentient race and couldn't grasp concepts beyond their animalistic, basic instincts.

Simple! Gnomes have to go!

Hedgemage

First Post
It would be easier if we could choose more than one. So many good (bad?) choices.

I voted purely based on what race I feel adds the least to the game as a whole. Unfortunately, one or two I feel that add something positive have already been eliminated.

lukelightning

First Post
For some reason, I envision a committee of Evil Demonic Overlords plotting their destruction of the world...

"The E.D.O Committee shall now come to order. The first business item: which races shall we destroy first when we annihilate the world?..."

eamon

Explorer
It's a close round... the Gnome, Goblin, Hobgoblin and Orc are all vying for elimination it seems! Who gets to go?

Mengu

First Post
Hobgoblins squeaked by with 2 last minute votes.

Githzerai (24) - There is still a lot of older edition prejudice against these guys I think, probably partly because of psionics. They make an interesting PC race if you look at it with an open mind (no pun intended). Can't say I'm surprised with the result though.

Genasi (19) - these were the first non-PHB race I introduced into my game, so I kind of have a soft spot for them. They fit my elemental themed world very well. But I can understand they are not right for every campaign. And it does start to get a bit bizarre when you start combining manifestations.

Human (17) - I can't imagine a campaign without humans, but whatever. I guess people do get bored being human.

Razorclaw Shifter (17) - Good riddance. Don't like the rules, don't like the fluff. I suppose they might be interesting in a vampires and werewolves campaign from a fluff perspective, but the rules are still sad for this race.

Orc (15) - You want to play an orc really? Ok, let's do this you make a half-orc and pretend your character thinks he's an orc. Like all MM races, I'm glad these got eliminated.

Hobgoblin (14) - I've never even seen anyone want to play a hobgoblin, so goodbye another MM race.

Predictions for next poll: Gnomes, Goblins, and Tieflings will probably walk the line.

Remove ads