• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races of Destiny: Buying/Bought?

Did you buy Races of Destiny?

• Yes

Votes: 55 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 133 59.4%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 36 16.1%

shilsen

Adventurer
No. I should add the caveat that I buy very few RPG books and only those which I'm absolutely sure will see use in my game.

I am very disapointed with it. (ordered it, then saw someone else's copy). I was hoping that the 'half-breeds' (particularly PLANAR types) would be getting more than they did. The Illumians ARE NOT getting used in my setting and I was aghast that such a waste of space occured. I mean.. you mean to tell me you couldn't come up with more on Gensai's or other planar half breeds.

I cringe in fear on how the Halfings are going to get hosed with the Heinz listing of elven races in the next one too.

Badabing

Explorer
I've cut down on buying Wizards books unless they REALLY catch my eye. It seems that these days it takes at least four books to cover a topic that one did in 1st Ed.

DiamondB

Explorer
I doubt that I'll be purchasing it. My impression from this thread reinforces that thought as well. I'm keen on the Races books (nor the environment ones), just don't think I need that much information to wade through for a game. I did, however, pick up Races of Stone but I've had a soft spot in my heart for dwarves since I started playing D&D 20 years ago.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Definitely not.

The junk WoTC is putting out is too reminiscent of T$R splat books.

Time for them to stop releasing the junk and make some good modules.
Heck, I'd settle for some so-so modules.

Gez

First Post
I can see myself buying the environment series, as it could be useful. But the race series?

"Here are lots of stuff about a dwarf/elf/gnome/halfling/human culture that isn't found anywhere in your homebrew! Enjoy!"

Could still be idea-mined, but... :\

RichGreen

Adventurer
No, I didn't and I didn't buy Races of Stone either. I don't need it, the subject matter isn't that interesting to me, and I already buy more D&D books than I can keep up with!

Cheers

Richard

Kaji

First Post
Almost certainly not going to buy it. Zero interest. As for DRM products available from drivethrurpg, I'm still toying with Frostburn, but I'd like to see the price drop at least a bit.

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
I haven't bought it, and I have no intention of buying it. Like a few have said before, I only buy what I feel will be useful to my game and the races book just doesn't fill the bill.

Remove ads