• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races of Faerun feat question

I've only dropped in on a few of those polls ... the ones I remember were either feats from the SRD, or prestige classes where he didn't give specifics, but generally gave the sort or reminder that was given above ... both of which are OK.

Reprinting copyrighted material verbatim should obviously be discouraged.

Crothian

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
I've only dropped in on a few of those polls ... the ones I remember were either feats from the SRD, or prestige classes where he didn't give specifics, but generally gave the sort or reminder that was given above ... both of which are OK.

He's been slowly going through all the feats of S&F and I think he's on to DotF and no one has said anything (other then he can only do a maximium of 2 polls a week). Very informative and great discussion on the feats. I really like the polls.

DM_Matt

First Post
Wow, everyone needs to lighten up just a little.

Iron-Chef: If you dont want to buy it, go to your neareast bookstore and look up the one darn feat. That is not illegal....yet.

Gaius

First Post
If I had the book, Iron Chef, I'd be more than willing to shoot you an email with the feat. Alas, I won't have the book until Tuesday. Let me know if I can still help you out by then. If not, just do what I did when I wanted the Spellsword PrC; go to Barnes and Noble and copy the thing down verbatim. No there seemed to mind much at all. Hell, I still ended up buying Tome & Blood later on down the line anyway.

Gaius

Oni

First Post
All I have to say, is that as a fairly active participant in the rules forum, not being able to quote text from a book makes things murky and unclear and is quite frankly ridiculous.

I would assume there is some allowance in the law for quoting small sections of larger works, perhaps I am wrong, but then I'd like to go back to highschool and have a chat with a few english teachers.

Oni said:
I would assume there is some allowance in the law for quoting small sections of larger works, perhaps I am wrong, but then I'd like to go back to highschool and have a chat with a few english teachers.

That is a good point; it is perfectly acceptable to quote small selections from literature or a professional paper provided the source is properly attributed.

I feel that there is a difference, though, with game material: between quoting a portion for the purposes of review or assessment, and quoting a section for the express purpose of using that section in play without purchasing the source. Since game material can be utilized piecemeal, intuitively I fell there is a difference between it and, say, a novel. But I'm not a copyright lawyer, so I don't know what the real legal answer is.

Chauzu

First Post
It's ok Iron_Chef. There's a lot of scaredy cats on these boards. :p

P.S. This is a troll. Wouldn't bother replying to this if I were you. :p

Iron_Chef

First Post
I went to the damn store and looked it up. In complete and utter defiance of the naysayers on this thread, I shall now post the mechanics of the feat! BWAHAHAHAHA! :p

1. You cast Commune, Contact Other Plane, Divination, and Legend Lore spells at +2 caster level.

2. Whenever you cast a planar ally or planar binding spell, you can call a creature with 2 HD more than is normally allowed by the spell.

3. Called or summoned creatures trapped by your planar binding spells suffer a -2 penalty to all rolls to escape.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads