Random Geek Media Trivia Thread

Reynard

Legend
I couldn't find a good existing thread, and I don't want to start a whole thread for this one little factoid, so I figured we could have an ongoing Geek Media Trivia Thread. The intent is for little bits of interesting trivia, not a constant barrage of super deep lore of the Star Wars Universe or whatever.

For example, the fact I learned yesterday that inspired me to start this thread in the first place:

Ian Holm who played Bilbo in the Lord of the Rings played Frodo in a BBC Radio audio dramatization of The Lord of the Rings. I did not know that.

Ryujin

Legend
Patricia Neal, who starred in my favourite movie of all time about an alien who comes to Earth in order to tell us that we're on our way to nuclear annihilation ("The Day the Earth Stood Still" - 1951) starred in a another movie that was about an alien coming to Earth in order to tell us that we're on our way to nuclear annihilation ("Stranger From Venus" - 1954). The first has crept its way into the zeitgeist, having bits and pieces of dialogue end up in films like "Army of Darkness." The second is pretty much forgotten.

General_Tangent

Adventurer
A few years ago I had Anthony Daniels sign my VHS copying of So I bought a vampire motorcycle.

In the film his character is a priest who has to perfect an exorcism. So Anthony explains to me that he found a priest in South Kensington to translate "show me the way to home home, I'm tired and I need a little rest...." into Latin and that's what he chants during the ritual.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Georgia Tennant (née Moffett) played the Doctor's daughter in the Doctor Who episode "The Doctor's Daughter". She is the daughter of Peter Davison (real name Peter Moffett), the Fourth Doctor. She then married David Tennant, the Tenth Doctor. They have a daughter together.

So, she's a Doctor's daughter who played the Doctor's Daughter in "The Doctor's Daughter" and then married the Doctor and gave birth to the Doctor's daughter.

Ryujin

Legend
Star Trek was not the first on-screen collaboration between Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner. They both appear as characters in a The Man from U.N.C.L.E episode called "The Project Strigas Affair" in 1964.
Shatner and Nimoy were both on "Mission Impossible."
Shatner, Nimoy, and Doohan were all on the original "The Twilight Zone."
I don't remember any of them being in the same episodes together, though.

Remove ads