Rate King Kong

How do you rate Peter Jackson's King Kong?

• 0 - My eyes are melting out of my head! Make it stop!

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 1 - You know, maybe I should have scheduled root canal...

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 2 - Plan 9 from Outer Space makes sense to me now!

• 3 - I have seen worse, but not many.

• 4 - Mediocre, but not brain numbing.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 5 - Okay.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 6 - It had its moments.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • 7 - Glad I saw it.

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • 8 - Very good!

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • 9 - Excellent, a great movie!

Votes: 41 39.0%
  • 10 - God is here, and his name is Peter Jackson!

Votes: 9 8.6%

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I saw it last night at a screening in NY.

The first act is a slow build but once they get onto Skull Island it's EXCELLENT.

Two words of warning: SPIDER PIT. D00d, what happens ot one of the d00ds in there had me sheilding my eyes. I wont tell you but you'll know it when you see it.

Kinda long but to tell the truth the whole middle act of the movie (Skull Island) moves along so fast that you really dont nnotice the time that went by until they get back to New York. Then it's all setup for the big ending, which , despite the fact that you know how it's going to end, is still a gut punch. By this time Kong has endeared himself to you so well...

Any way not the Best of jacksons films but it was still one of the best things that I've seen all year and loads of fun. See it on a good screen with excellent sound. and remember BEWARE THE SPIDER PIT.

FCWesel

First Post
Saw a midnight showing of KING KONG.

Really enjoyed the experience.

I have wonder if there's anyone seeing this movie who doesn't know how it ends? I mean sure, you have to have a clue and all, but still...

A few of the special effects didn't quite work. These effects had nothing to do with KONG, he was flawless. The animators did astounding work in giving Kong's screen preformance. And the female and male lead did quite well also, seeing that they had no Kong to actually play against while they were filming.

I will be seeing it again.

After being filled with giant monkey joy, we will have to call him the Auld Gimp.

Cassander

First Post

What I was expecting was a fun adventure film with heart. What I got was perhaps the most powerful movie-going experience of my life. Completely devastating. This is the saddest and darkest movie I have ever seen.

This is no monster movie. It is about man and animal. Haunting.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I just saw it. Very good. I would still like to know how they get Kong onto the boat and into the theater.

I want to give it a 10...but even though I liked pretty much everything, it just felt like it started a little TOO slow. Not that I won't be back to see it again...and probably again...

Remove ads