• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Re-Recruitment] A Game of Trust

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Here's the low-down:

We're several months into the game. Players should be hitting level three soon, and the game should be accelerating soon as well. But because I've been gone lately (and probably for some other reasons I don't know about) it seems we've lost some players...

So I'm looking for three more. Third level (the rest of the characters will be there by the time you join). You don't show me your character sheets, tell me your history, anything like that. You just say what you roll, and I believe you. The rolls are there for you guys. I'm interested in seeing some good characters.

If you're not into character-focused role-playing, and low-combat adventure-epic plotlines, probably not the game for you. If you like that, maybe it is.

Link's in my sig if you want to give it a looksee.

Oh, one more thing: I'm going to be gone for two weeks after I post this. It's first come, first serve once I'm back: If you have a character ready to play, I'll set things up so you can come in and play that character.

I've asked my current players to drop by if they have a chance and answer questions (they should have a good feel for how it runs by now, and probably have some things to say about it that I wouldn't.) Hopefully one or two will. Feel free to work out intertwined character histories, places you'd like to meet up, et cetera if you're in the mood.

I'll be back in two weeks.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I'm here (Du-du-da-duhn!!!)
Niccolo, Gnomish Violinist,poet and racconteur extrordinaire at everyone's service.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Well, I read a bit of the first page and it sounds great. Real story-like stuff, I like it. :D

Not much of an idea for what kind of character to take though, what classes is the party composed of?

Lamoni

First Post
A few questions...

I looked over the game a little... well, I actually just read pages 1 and 14 of the posts. It seems like a great group and I think that I would like to join. However I don't really feel like reading through all 14 pages to have the backstory. Is it possible to sum up what has happened so far in maybe 3-5 paragraphs?

another question I had is what is the composition of the group so far? It started with 6, but if 3 are gone, who is left? I ask this because I wouldn't want to be a spellcaster if that is all that was left.

I originally had one more question, but I forgot what it was... I'll post again if I remember.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Well, after reading some more, I decided to take a half-orc character. Since its preferred to not disclose class I won't, but he's ready to go all the same.

Macbeth

First Post
Is Lamoni taking a spot? The post was unclear, but if Lamoni decides not to I would be happy to join. I'm really in to heavy role playing, and though I did not read the whole story the little bits that I read sounded interesting.

Lamoni

First Post
Macbeth said:
Is Lamoni taking a spot? The post was unclear, but if Lamoni decides not to I would be happy to join. I'm really in to heavy role playing, and though I did not read the whole story the little bits that I read sounded interesting.

Go ahead and join. The post was unclear because I was undecided. I just wanted more information. I thought that it would have been nice to have a brief summary of what had happened up to the current spot in the story. I have since had things come up and I am more busy now, will take a vacation in 2 weeks, and then be going back to school for another semester. In other words I won't be joining any game for a while. Have fun!

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
As far as Classes go, GP wants to maintain a mysterious feel, since folks usually don't walk up and say 'Hi, I'm Lorog, I'm a Barbarian.
I am ok telling you that I am a Gnome 'musician' who has a fair bit
of knowledge regarding history,travel and obscure lore.

There is also a cleric, as he obviously a Priest.

I'm not sure who is still around otherwise, I believe an Elf, he has a hawk companion, so he could be a mage, a ranger, a druid or just someone with animal training...

Hope that helps somewhat.

GP didn't say so, but I doubt that he wants folks to equip@3rd level with magic items etc...none of us have really found any treasure (besides some accurssed ring that gave me bad dreams and the elf now carries). Just a mention.

We are currently delivering letters for a Knight that we briefly travelled with, as well as slowly uncovering bits of some Conspiracy or Plot involving enemies of said Knight and/or Priests of the God of Death (I think).

Hope that helps a bit. It is a fun free-form game that could use a boost from new blood, as some of ours ran off.

So, it looks like Festy_dog, bob aberton (Hi Bob! Another character named Nico...though I didn't plan on it, this one was named after Niccolo Pagannini) and macbet, with lamoni dropping.

So, to recap, we have
A musician/lore/minor spells.poet type...
a Priest...
an Elf of some sort with a hawk...

a tough guy/girl would be appreciated, though we haven't been thrown into major combats, we will be soon, I'm sure...
a sneaky type would be cool as well...
I hope I answered a few of the queries, throw more at me if you like
(wonders where the other 2 players are)

-Uriel

dpdx

Explorer
That's Shining Beacon of Pelor's Radiant Holiness to you, my arcanically-addled gnome friend. :D

I play Fendric, the Cleric. I love this game. I get to ham it up, play a class I've never played, (but from now on, will always play) and swing the occasional flail and utter the occasional spell. I'm not a priest IRL (not even religious), but I'm familiar with the culture, and I guess it 'shines' through in my character.

We've had a little bit of combat, but what makes it fun for me is that the 'problems' in this campaign usually can't be solved by rolling a crit on your d20. You have to figure out who to trust, spend a lot of time wondering about motives (even in your own party), and based on the map, and the party's mission, this campaign isn't nearly over for a long, long time.

Uriel has it right - the three left are his gnomish musician, an elven wizard, and mine - half elf, Cleric. We've had folks drift in and out as befits a casual game.

Not to tell anybody what to play, but I'd love to have a tank join us. Nobody's played a rogue, either, and based on where we've left off, it'd be an easy entrance for anybody.

I'll miss Vargo, Victus, and National Acrobat, but I'm sure they have their reasons, and I'm happy to welcome anyone.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads