Spoilers Rebel Moon-my spoiler review

Ryujin

Legend
Question on the title-

Rebel Moon-my spoiler review

Can you spoil Rebel Moon?

This is akin to saying, "Dude, the milk has been in the fridge for eight months. Better not leave it out on the counter- it might spoil!"
Additionally, how can you spoil something that cribs from every trope and uses shots taken almost directly from other movies? Did those tropes and movies provide spoilers for Rebel Moon?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Additionally, how can you spoil something that cribs from every trope and uses shots taken almost directly from other movies? Did those tropes and movies provide spoilers for Rebel Moon?

Bingo. I watched it with a fellow flu victim, and we MST3k'ed the entire time.

One of the recurring comments was, "I liked this scene better when it was in {insert other movie}."

Additionally, how can you spoil something that cribs from every trope and uses shots taken almost directly from other movies?
So, today, I watch The Flash. Had to fast forward through some parts, not good. And then we get to the scene where the giant Kryptonian is smacking soldiers four at a time with the find side of a missile. Just like Sauron. And, then, all the other movies that I happened to see that Rebel Moon stole from start coming to me.

AHRG!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, today, I watch The Flash. Had to fast forward through some parts, not good.
I mean, obviously films you haven’t actually watched aren’t of interest or value to anybody else from a critical viewpoint, but how does one know how to fast forward through sections and know when the ‘quality’ changes unless you’ve seen it before?

I mean, obviously films you haven’t actually watched aren’t of interest or value to anybody else from a critical viewpoint, but how does one know how to fast forward through sections and know when the ‘quality’ changes unless you’ve seen it before?
Excellent question!

I found the character development scenes between the time twins trite. After the first couple of scenes I fast-forwarded until there was interaction with any other character or some action. Based on earlier in the movie, I predicted that certain scenes weren't going to be worth watching.

Similar to The Dark Knight, partway through the movie I came to realize that I was marking time until the next Joker scene. I'm not sure if that was because Heath Ledger was that brilliant, everyone else was that dull, or some combination of the two. That might have been the point where I decided that if I didn't find the movie gripping, or at least interesting, in the first half hour, and there was some reason or scene that I knew I wanted to see, I would zip through "the dull parts" to find a scene with a particular performance or action I was interested in.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Excellent question!

I found the character development scenes between the time twins trite. After the first couple of scenes I fast-forwarded until there was interaction with any other character or some action. Based on earlier in the movie, I predicted that certain scenes weren't going to be worth watching.

Similar to The Dark Knight, partway through the movie I came to realize that I was marking time until the next Joker scene. I'm not sure if that was because Heath Ledger was that brilliant, everyone else was that dull, or some combination of the two. That might have been the point where I decided that if I didn't find the movie gripping, or at least interesting, in the first half hour, and there was some reason or scene that I knew I wanted to see, I would zip through "the dull parts" to find a scene with a particular performance or action I was interested in.
What an odd way to not watch a film.

Remove ads