Spoilers Rebel Moon-my spoiler review

Special effects aside, I thought BBtS was better than Rebel Moon part 1.

I haven't seen BBtS since, I dunno, the 80s? And I didn't finish Rebel Moon part 1. But there you have it.
Who want's to take bets on Rebel Moon Episode 2 resolving in the same way as BBtS? The mercenaries die one by one until only the farm boy is left. Who then defeats the villain alone. Moral of the story: If you want a job done properly, do it yourself.

So long as I don't actually have to watch it to see if I'm right.

Well...it wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but wasn't so bad that I would avoid part 2. In fact, I look forward to see what they will do with part 2 since this part didn't really solve any of the questions they started at the beginning of the movie with.
Wanting to watch part 2 is like wanting to continue watching a train wreck. It's a tragic and horrific event, but you can't stop watching just to see how bad it ends up being. I'm going to make a bold and super controversial prediction and say part 2 will be more of the same, and you'll just feel dirty for having watched it.

Ryujin

Legend
Wow.

I needed a mindless movie for my flu-induced haze, and even this was too mindless.

At one point, I realized I couldn't name a single character. There were a couple of cool scenes, I guess, but this might have been the dumbest movie I have seen in a long time.
I'm betting that you could likely point to other movies in which those "cool scenes" had already been done, as well. Did you spot the "Immigrant Song" scene?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So during my enforced flu media diet, when I try to watch dumb movies (and occasionally a few not-so-dumb movies) that I pick pretty much at random, I watched Love and Monsters, all three Equalizers, Lucy, Sick, Flash, Blue Beetle, and Rebel Moon. (I also watched Asteroid City, but that was a good film).

Of all of those, Rebel Moon stood out for being breathtakingly dumb. The only one that even comes close is Lucy. Which was a terrible movie (don't even try to think of anything like, "How does the science work?") but at least it had a plot. And, um, interspersed footage from wildlife documentaries. Oh, Luc Besson.

(Side note- Blue Beetle was actually pretty decent. And Love and Monsters, which I had never heard of before, was a fun watch that I would recommend.)

Remove ads