D&D 5E Recommend a 4th Level Module

tgmoore

Explorer
After a 5 year hiatus from regular 3.5 ed play the release of 5th Edition inspired me to get off my ass and get a campaign going again. We are currently playing a 5E conversion of (dare I say classic?) N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God.

Ozuro on the D&D sub-Reddit did this conversion which is excellent, you still need the original module to play: http://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/2j5qlg/final_version_of_my_5e_dm_screenplayer_cheat_sheet/

I have really enjoyed running this adventure. The 5 player party (2x fighters, cleric, sorceress, rogue) should end up at 4th level at the conclusion of N1 so I am thinking ahead to what module I should run next? I am looking for a drop in solution of a ready to play 5E module or conversion notes of an existing module from any edition. I'd like an adventure with an old school feel. Thanks!

tgmoore

Explorer
Huh. I could swear I suggested Princes of the Apocalypse, not Temple of Elemental Evil.

My error I was under the impression that this was a rehash of the Temple of Elemental Evil. Not to be flippant but how can you recommend a product that isn't even out yet?

Luz

Explorer
I don't have any new 5e modules I can recommend, but I've been running the original Slavelords series for a little while and, because it's mostly humanoids, it's been a breeze to convert. Some old stuff is more work than others to convert, but the Slavelords is pretty simple.

Shiroiken

Legend
After a 5 year hiatus from regular 3.5 ed play the release of 5th Edition inspired me to get off my ass and get a campaign going again. We are currently playing a 5E conversion of (dare I say classic?) N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God.
welcome back :)

Ozuro on the D&D sub-Reddit did this conversion which is excellent, you still need the original module to play: http://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/2j5qlg/final_version_of_my_5e_dm_screenplayer_cheat_sheet/
Nice. I liked that adventure, but thought it would be too hard to convert due to the final antagonist.

I have really enjoyed running this adventure. The 5 player party (2x fighters, cleric, sorceress, rogue) should end up at 4th level at the conclusion of N1 so I am thinking ahead to what module I should run next? I am looking for a drop in solution of a ready to play 5E module or conversion notes of an existing module from any edition. I'd like an adventure with an old school feel. Thanks!
Can't go wrong with Temple of Elemental Evil. I've been running it, starting at Level 3 with T1, and it was really easy to convert. A few monsters needed to be replaced/re-skinned, but otherwise it's fine. I suggest you tone down the magic items and treasure, but YMMV.

Also, they did a partial redo of the Slave Lords series, as well as the S series, during the Playtest. I've found that many of the monsters mentioned made their way to the MM, so they should be fairly easy to convert. The Slave Lords would probably be best for the level you're looking for, but with help White Plume Mountain is a possibility.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
What an abomination. The Temple of Elemental Evil in is Oerth for Gods sake! What level character is this written for?

I look at it very differently. ToEE was a terrible product. It was never finished before it was published and it paid, at best, lip service to the concept of Elemental Evil. To think we waited that long for such a pathetic sequel to the excellent T1....

Anyway, for me and many others, the concept of Elemental Evil is a very generic concept. Maybe if it had been firmly grounded in Greyhawk - like if EGG had finished ToEE before it was published and maybe paid more than lip service to the concept of Elemental Evil - then it would be more firmly fixed in the RPG zeitgeist as an unalterably Greyhawk product.

Huh. I could swear I suggested Princes of the Apocalypse, not Temple of Elemental Evil.

Based on reading the D&D Encounters version of Princes of the Apocalypse - the first quarter or so of the adventure that will soon be here - I have to inform you that a new Temple of Elemental Evil will make an appearance. Personally, I am really excited by the new adventure. It's clear that, unlike ToEE, this time the authors are making sure it feels like the threats actually are ELEMENTAL and a lot of effort has been made to differentiate the various elemental cults.

Finally, ToEE is going to be done right....

Remove ads