• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RECRUITING CLOSED! 4ed: The Wolfcrown

industrygothica

Adventurer
To Rathan and IG, your backgrounds are terrific. There's great storytelling potential in both of them.

Interesting sidenote to IG:
I've already created a few NPCs in previous campaigns that are dwarves named Stoneheart.

The Stonehearts actually are a clan that's played an important role in Amoratran history. The first dwarf to bring his family to integrate into Black Lake Proper, nearly 100 years ago, was a dwarven alemaster named Ergot Stoneheart. The most popular spot in town is a bar called The Fancy Drake, founded by the Stoneheart family, and still run by his descendant, Shale Stoneheart.

So if you don't mind, perhaps this splinter of the family that settled in Black Lake is one that your family has heard of, but refused to join.

That would be great.

Phaezen

First Post
Amended background and personality slighty, adding that Squeal has taken part in some exhibition matches for his owner.

Walking Dad

First Post
No interest in saving Varis Lyrandar from obscurity? Do you allow eberron feats?

Will present a new name and backround (?) shortly. Your campaign will have no flying ships?

Alternate character:

[sblock=Stats]
Name Mykos Player: WD
Half-Elf Warlock (Vestige) XP ? Level 3
Initiative +0 Senses Low-Light Vision
Passive Insight 12; Passive Perception 10
HP 20; Bloodied 10; Surge Value 5; Surges Per-Day 10
AC 16; Fortitude 15; Reflex 14; Will 14
Speed 6
Alignment Unaligned
Languages Common, Elven

Str 10 Dex 11 Wis 10
Con 18 Int 14 Cha 16

Racial Abilities
Dilettante, Dual Heritage, Group Diplomacy

Class Features
Eldritch blast, Eldritch Pact, Prime Shot, Shadow Walk, Warlock’s Curse

At-Will Powers
Eldritch Blast

Eyes of the Vestige

Encounter Powers
Clarion Call

Misdirected Mark (Bard)

Daily Powers
Vestige of Mount Vaelis

Utility Powers
-

Feats
Arcane familiar (Parrot) (same as the raven from the dragon article)

Skills
Arcana* +7
Bluff* +8
Diplomacy +7
Insight +2
Intimidate* +8
Streetwise* +10

Rituals

Equipment
Standard adventurers pack (15gp), leather armor (25gp)

weapon, stuff...

[/sblock]

Hey there, Walking Dad! It'd definitely be alright to bring Varis back from the dead, although since Recruitment is already winding down, you'll have to compete against the others for a spot.

Your character is fine, although I'll request a new background that fits more in line with the custom campaign setting. If you direct-message your e-mail address to me, I'll send you that information.

Feats from Eberron (including Dragonmarks) will be allowed, although there will be no actual Dragonmarked houses or things like that. Airships do exist, and although they're relatively uncommon, I'm sure you could work it into your background realistically.

To Phaezen: Nice update. Squeal is looking great.

yzard

First Post
Updated Thom's background in place (Post #8) - included here as well.

[sblock=Background]Born in Proper, Thom was always fascinated with the arcane arts. His father had been an accountant of sorts, selling his services to local businesses and royalty alike. Being raised by an accountant (and expected to follow his father) he was taught early on the power of formulas and figures. But he took a very different path when he entered his teen years.

Though his father's lessons about the purity of established mathematics became part of who he was, he took that idea in a different direction and began to study the arcane arts. He brought to his studies an analytic mind and a confidence that solutions to problems CAN be found if one has enough data and the proper mental tools.

Thom is a studious wizard that enjoys books more than people. Though he gets along well enough with most, he just doesn't give much thought to the social graces. Problems are more fascinating (and sometimes people ARE the problem!) and he can get very focused on solving them to the exclusion of all else.

Ever since his father's death (from fever), Thom has unknowingly been even more engrossed in his learning. Deep down, he is positive that had his father spent his considerable mental prowess in other areas of learning he would have been able to avoid death from such a common ailment.[/sblock]

Dragonmarked feats are allowed to be taken as per the usual rules regarding them. The only difference I'll make is that they don't manifest in a physical mark necessarily. If you want it to, by all means, flavor it up, but it won't affect much in-game.

Background traits are allowed, at my discretion. Just include it in your character sheet, and I'll let you know if there's a problem.

Terrific background, yzard. Consider your submission complete.

No rush, Barshevy. Things are coming together rather nicely.

Hey folks, it's getting to be about closing time for this recruitment thread. I've got completed submissions from Phaezen, Rathan, IndustryGothica, and yzard, so the four of you are set to go. I'm still awaiting background details from Shayuri, Barshevy, and WalkingDad. You three need to get those in by the time I close recruitment if you want to be considered for selection.

I'll be closing recruitment at 2pm US Central time tomorrow, January 20th.

We already have four adventurers, and I'm fine with moving ahead with that number, although I'll definitely accept Shayuri and Barshevy if they get their backgrounds in on time. If not, I'll be in touch with HolyMan, who signed up to be our first alternate, then WalkingDad, who is the next alternate.

Just a reminder, I'm closing up shop at 2pm, then I'll send out alerts immediately in private message form and posted here on this thread. Good luck, friends.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
O.k. DF I am submitting my alternate character, hope you don't need me (but won't be sad if I get to play ;) )

Sevren Servant of The Four

Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Level: 1
Alignment: Unaligned
Deity: Whole Pantheon

Code:
Stat       Base    Points    Racial    Finished
STR        10        7          0        15
CON        10        3          0        13
DEX         8        2          0        10
INT        10        0          0        10
WIS        10        5         +2        16
CHA        10        5          0        14

Defenses:
AC: 18 = 10 (base) + 6 (chainmail) + 2 (shield bonus)
Fort: 12 = 10 (base) + 1 (human) + 1 (CON) + 0 (1/2 level)
Reflex: 13 = 10 (base) + 1 (human) + 0 (DEX) + 2 (shield bonus) + 0 (1/2 level)
Will: 16 = 10 (base) + 1 (human) + 3 (WIS) + 2 (class) + 0 (1/2 level)

Initative: + 0
Speed: 5 squares = 6 (base) - 1 (armor)
Vision: normal
Passive Insight: 18 = 10 (base) + 8 (skill modifier)
Passive Perception: 13 = 10 (base) + 3 (skill modifier)
Action Point(s): 1
Languages: Common and Supernal

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics: +0 = + 0 (dex) + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Arcana: +5 = + 0 (int) + 0 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Athletics: +2 = + 2 (str) + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Bluff: +2 = + 2 (cha) + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Diplomacy: +7 = + 2 (cha) + 0 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Dungeoneering: +3 = + 3 (wis) + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Endurance: +0 = + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Heal: +8 = + 3 (wis) + 0 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
History: +5 = + 0 (int) + 0 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Insight: +8 = + 3 (wis) + 0 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Nature: +3 = + 3 (wis) + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Perception: +3 = + 3 (wis) + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Religion: +5 = + 0 (int) + 0 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Stealth: +0 = + 0 (dex) + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Streetwise: +2 = + 2 (cha) + 0 (1/2 lvl)
Thievery: +0 = + 0 (dex) + 0 (1/2 lvl) [/sblock]

[sblock=Feats]
Armor Proficiencies: cloth, leather, hide, chainmail
Weapon Proficiencies: simple melee and simple ranged
Ritual Caster
Multiclass: Student of Battle
Action Surge [/sblock]

COMBAT
HP: 25 Bloodied: 12
Surges/Day: 8 Surge Value: 6
BA(melee): STR vs AC mace (1d8+2)
BA(ranged): DEX vs AC crossbow (1d8)

[sblock=Powers]
Implement: Holy Symbol
Healing Lore: Add Wisdom modifier to hit points gained when healing with a clerical power that has the healing keyword.

Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune

Encounter*Divine
Free Action, Personal
Effect: You gain a +1 bonus to your next attack roll or saving throw before the end of your next turn.

Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy

Encounter*Divine,Healing
Standard Action, Close burst 5
Target: Each bloodied aly in burst.
Effect: Each target can spend a healing surge. You are weakened until the end of your next turn.

Healing Word

Encounter(Special)*Divine,Healing
Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter.
Minor Action, Close burst 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)
Target: You or one ally.
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit points. Increase the amount of additional hit points regained to 2d6 at 6th level, 3d6 at 11th level, 4d6 at 16th level, 5d6 at 21st level and 6d6 at 26th level.

War Priest's Strike

Encounter* Divine,Radiant,Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage. Until the end of your next turn, you and your allies have combat advantage against the target.

Sacred Flame

At-Will*Divine,Implement,Radiant
Standard Action,Ranged 5
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and one ally you can see chooses either to gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + one-half your level or to make a saving throw.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Wisdom modifier at 21st level.

Priest Shield

AT-Will*Divine,Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you and one adjacent ally gain a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of your next turn. Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.

Recovery Strike

At-Will*Divine,Healing,Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and the next ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn regains hit points equal to your Charima modifier. Level 21: 2[W] + strength modifier damage.

Cascade of Light

Daily* Divine,Implement,Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 10
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: 3d8 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and the target gains vulnerability 5 to all your attacks (save ends).
Miss: Half damage and the target gains no vulneraility.

Inspiring Word

Daily(Special)* Martial, Healing
Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. at 16th level, you can use inspiring word three times per encounter.
Minor Action, Close Burst 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 20th level)
Target: You or one ally in burst.
Effect: The target cn spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit points. the amount of additional hit points regained is 2d6 at 6th level, 3d6 at 11th level, 4d6 at 16th level, 5d6 at 21st level, and 6d6 at 26th level. [/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
[B]Item                          Cost    Weight[/B]
Basic Clothing                free      --- 
Chainmail                     40gp     40lb
Heavy Shield                  10gp     15lb
Mace                           5gp      6lb
Crossbow                      25gp      4lb
Case (20 bolts)                1gp      2lb
Backpack                       2gp      2lb
Bedroll                        1sp      5lb
Pouch, belt                    1gp     .5lb
Flint&Steel                    1gp      ---
Trail rations(5 days)        2.5gp      5lb
Waterskin                      1gp      4lb
Holy Symbol                   10gp      1lb
Ritual Book                   free      3lb
-- Gentle Repose and Make Whole

Total Weight: 87.5lb (max weight: 150lb)

Treasure:
GP: 1
SP: 4
CP:
GEMS: [/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]
Size: Medium
Height: 6'-1"
Weight: 180lbs.
Hair Color: sandy brown,wavy and shoulder length
Eye Color: blue
Apperance: With a muscular build and striking features Sevren is like a scupltors piece come to life. He keeps himself clean shaven and, also grooms himself well and keeps his equipment in superb condition. Not afraid to get dirty Sevren just likes to be ready incase one of the living gods should show up at his door step.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Sevren is one of a very few who believe in worshiping the living gods as a whole rather than one over another. It has been said that if you combine all the traits of each, then the person created would be powerful beyond measure. He would have the strength of Blackmoor, the cunning of Munsu, the intellect of Ayur, and all this would be guided by the wisdom of Adele. Servants of the Four try and approach a problem from many angles and not just one, and they are as quick to use brains or brawn to solve it.

Sevren was given over as a sacrifice the day he was born. He was placed in a small boat and sent adrift to the isles of Imperia. It is said that these children are blessed by Adele, and if they survive the trip across the ocean they are take in by the monks of the Grand Temple of The Four. And if they are to perish during the trip they become cheirub servants to Adele and live and play in her home of granduer. Sevren survived and was taken in and trained by the Servants. His life was on of dedication and virtue, and after he was taught, trained, and considered ready the monastery gave him his last test.

Sevren still remembers the day he was told of how The Four left the isles to dwell with the peoples of this world. And that they had erected shrines to give their most devout followers a focus for prayer and worship. Sevren's last test was to go to each of these Holy Places and pay his respects, to honor The Four and in so doing they would bestow praise and glory back unto him. So leaving the isles Sevren made his way to Blackmoor where he honored Blackmoor at his shrine in the city. The experience gave him new insight into what it truly meant to be a Student of Battle, and he left with his sights set on finding all the remaining shrines and learning more from The Four. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads