• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RECRUITING CLOSED! 4ed: The Wolfcrown

Rathan

First Post
I'm looking forward to the game DF... if the game goes as smoothy as the recruitment went we might be in for a fast paced smooth running game.. *knocks on wood three times*

Rathan

First Post
Holyman.... question..... how is your cleric able to use a shield?.... or should that say warlord not cleric? I noticed I could not because I didn't have the prof. to use it.... can you use a shield without the prof. in it with 4e?.... how does it work in this edition?

Also how do you have Inspiring Word?.. I thought that was a warlord power and it was encounter not daily?

Maybe I;m missing something here?

Last edited:

Good character build, HolyMan. I will offer the observation that Rathan has already submitted a Human Cleric, however. I really, really enjoy your character's background, though. Would it be possible, maybe, to reevaluate Sevren as a Paladin or an Avenger, for the sake of party composition? If this notion offends you, don't worry about it. Two leaders wouldn't be such a bad thing, but at this point, it seems that we're sorely lacking a Defender.

And to Rathan, thanks for the encouragement. I've got the first act mostly engineered and ready to go, and I'm excited to get the ball rolling.

EDIT: Also, sharp observation, Rathan. According to the PHB, Clerics don't start out with shield proficiency. However, Inspiring Word is acquired by taking the Student of Battle Multiclass feat, which grants that power as a daily.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmmm... very intersting a cleric with no shield (very unD&Dish ) oh well :p

And to get heavy shield I would need to use two prof. slots that bites. :confused:

And not offended by the needing to change the class LOL I am usually the one person who always makes sure the group has all it's bases covered (and that is why I played mostly clerics back in the day ;) )

But I was submitting as an Alt I wanted to wait and build the character when I was needed to fill in any holes. If you think a Paladin of The Four would be better np from this end. :D

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Noted... and thanks.. I MAY have to look into that being a cleric of Blackmoor.... heh

That's what I thought too :lol:

Can't go wrong having two extra healings in a big fight, and it has Healing listed in it so you get to use your Healer's Lore with it

HM

At this point, HM, it does look like a Defender or another Striker would benefit the party most, so if you wouldn't mind, I'll encourage you to play a Paladin or Avenger. However, I'll leave it entirely between you and Rathan. Whatever the two of you decide, goes.

Rathan

First Post
well as he's an alt..... it makes little difference at this point doesn't it?..... unless you'd like me to switch because IG is playing a cleric(invoker)?.... I COULD go paladin..... but I do happen to adore clerics..... how does the rest of the party feel on it?..... do we really need a defender pally?.... I'll just rework the character if I need to.... what does everyone think?

and Holyman.. I agree with you.. a cleric without a shield is silly heh

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have no problem making my character everybodies friend (i.e. a defender) And go for high AC and HP or...

Taking the role of the quick tongued, quick witted, and quicker on the draw Striker...

Just don't know what will be needed will we know at 2:00 am CST???

or would that be to late?

HM

Rathan

First Post
A striker with high HP and AC would be nice..... however a defender with high HP and AC would be awesome too.... either way.. I say either one could be highly useful if and when we need ya as an alt :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads