• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RECRUITING CLOSED! 4ed: The Wolfcrown

Well, we can hold off on the decision until tomorrow. HolyMan, we've got 4 complete submissions thus far, not including you. If it gets to be deadline time, and it's the same situation, would you like to be the 5th player?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sure!! :lol: That would be great and let me know the role the party may need and I will have a generic background ready to post some stats to.

HM

Rathan

First Post
If you ask me HM..... I would guess that the two roles we could use the most are a striker with good high HP and AC... or more importantly a defender with still good HP and AC... I would concentrate on one of those two if you ask ME personally... however I'm only one of the 4 submitted players so far.. :D

EDIT: If you would like to play the cleric I don't mind making something else HM.... that said I do like clerics so if you are willing to make something else I won' stop ya :)

That's what I like to see, you two: cooperation. I second Rathan's motion that a Defender or a tough striker would be extremely beneficial to the party, and even if the others complete their submissions before the deadline, you'll be considered as a potential selection. Thanks for working together.

Shayuri

First Post
Heh, I guess an assassin isn't exactly a 'tough' striker...

Working on background, but I'm a little blocked. I have a good feel for where the character comes from and even what he's doing in Black Lake...but I'm having trouble connecting him to the death of the king in such a way that murder charges make sense...

Phaezen, you're all set.

Shay, you don't need to connect yourself directly to his death. Don't worry so much about that last detail. If you can't come up with something, I've got it covered. All I need is your background posted by 2pm Central, and you're square.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Torath of the Isles

Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 6
Alignment: Unaligned
Deity: Whole Pantheon

Code:
Stat       Base    Points    Racial    Level    Finished
STR        10        3          0       +1         14
CON        10        5          0        0         14
DEX         8        2          0        0         10
INT        10        0          0        0         10
WIS        10        5          0        0         14
CHA        10        7         +2       +1         18

Defenses:
AC: 25 = 10 (base) + 8 (plate) + 2 (shield bonus) + 3 (1/2 level) + 2 (magic)
Fort: 19 = 10 (base) + 1 (human) + 2 (CON) + 1 (class) + 3 (1/2 level) + 2 (item)
Reflex: 17 = 10 (base) + 1 (human) + 0 (DEX) + 1 (class) + 2 (shield bonus) + 3 (1/2 level)
Will: 19 = 10 (base) + 1 (human) + 4 (CHA) + 1 (class) + 3 (1/2 level)

Initative: +3 = + 0 (dex) + 3 (1/2 level)
Speed: 5 squares = 6 (base) - 1 (armor)
Vision: normal
Passive Insight: 20 = 10 (base) + 10 (skill modifier)
Passive Perception: 15 = 10 (base) + 5 (skill modifier)
Action Point(s): 1
Hero Point(s): 2
Languages: Common and Supernal

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics: -1 = + 0 (dex) + 3 (1/2 lvl) - 4 (check penalty)
Arcana: +3 = + 0 (int) + 3 (1/2 lvl)
Athletics: +1 = + 2 (str) + 3 (1/2 lvl) - 4 (check penalty)
Bluff: +7 = + 4 (cha) + 3 (1/2 lvl)
Diplomacy: +12 = + 4 (cha) + 3 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Dungeoneering: +5 = + 2 (wis) + 3 (1/2 lvl)
Endurance: +3 = + 2 (con) + 3 (1/2 lvl) - 4 (check penalty) + 2 (item bonus)
Heal: +10 = + 2 (wis) + 3 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
History: +8 = + 0 (int) + 3 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Insight: +10 = + 2 (wis) + 3 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Nature: +5 = + 2 (wis) + 3 (1/2 lvl)
Perception: +5 = + 2 (wis) + 3 (1/2 lvl)
Religion: +8 = + 0 (int) + 3 (1/2 lvl) + 5 (trained)
Stealth: -1 = + 0 (dex) + 3 (1/2 lvl) - 4 (check penalty)
Streetwise: +7 = + 4 (cha) + 3 (1/2 lvl)
Thievery: -1 = + 0 (dex) + 3 (1/2 lvl) - 4 (check penalty) [/sblock]

[sblock=Feats]
Armor Proficiencies: cloth, leather, hide, chainmail, scale, plate, light shield, heavy shield
Weapon Proficiencies: simple melee, military melee, and simple ranged
Devoted Paladin
Toughness
Durable
Path of Destruction
Versatile Channeler [/sblock]

COMBAT
HP: 64 Bloodied: 32
Surges/Day: 15 Surge Value: 16
BA(melee): STR vs AC longsword (1d8+4)
BA(ranged): DEX vs AC (none)

[sblock=Powers]

Implement: Holy Symbol (magical +2)

Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle

Encounter*Divine
Minor Action, Close burst 10
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: The target makes a saving throw with a bonus equal to your Charisma modifier.

Channel Divinity: Divine Strength

Encounter*Divine
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: Apply your Strength modifier as extra damage on your next attack this turn.

Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy

Encounter * Divine, Healing
Standard Action, Close burst 5
Target: Each bloodied ally in burst
Effect: Each target can spend a healing surge. You are weakened until the end of your next turn.

Divine Challenge

At-Will*Divine,Radiant
Minor Action, Close burst 5
Target: One creature in burst.
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target, or if you fail to engage the target (see below).A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place.
While a target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn't include you as a target. Also, it takes radiant damage equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier the first time it makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target before the start of your next turn. The damage increases to 6 + your Charisma modifier at 11th level, and to 9 + your Charisma modifier at 21st level.
On your turn, you must engage the target you challenged or challenge a different target. To engage the target , you must either attack it or end your turn adjacent to it. If none of these events occur by the end of your turn, the marked condition ends and you can't use divine challenge on your next turn.
You can use divine challenge once per turn.

Lay on Hands

At-Will(Special)* Divine,Healing
Special: You can use this power a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1), but only once per round.
Minor Action, Melee touch
Target: One creature
Effect: You spend a healing surge but regain no hit points. Instead, the target regains hit points as if it had spent a healing surge. You must have at least one healing surge remaining to use this power.

Virtuous Strike

At-Will*Divine,Radiant,Weapon
Standard Action,Melee weapon
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier radiant damage, and you gain a +2 bonus to saving throws until the start of your next turn. Level 21: 2[W] + Charisma modifier radiant damage.
Special: This power can be used as a melee basic attack.

Bolstering Strike

At-Will*Divine,Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. Increase damage to 2[W] + Charisma modifier at 21st level.

Holy Strike

At-Will*Divine,Radiant,Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage. If you marked the target, you gain a bonus to the damage roll equal to your Wisdom modifier. Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.

Shielding Smite

Encounter* Divine,Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Charisma modifier damage.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, one ally within 5 squares of you gains a power bonus to AC equalto your Wisdom modifier.

Dazzling Flare

Encounter*Divine,Implement,Radiant
Standard Action, Ranged 5
Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier radiant damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Virtue

Encounter* Divine
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: You spend a healing surge but regain no hit points. You instead gain temporary hit points equal to your healing surge value.

Strength of Valor

Encounter* Divine,Weapon
Standard Action, Close Burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst.
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage. You gain 5 temporary hit points for each target hit by the attack.

Channel Divinity - Path of Destruction

Encounter * Divine
Free Action, Personal
Trigger: You roll damage for a melee attack.
Effect: You reroll the damage and use either result.

Martyr's Retribution

Daily * Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard action, Melee Weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC, and you must spend a healing surge without regaining any hit points.
Hit: 4(W) + Strength modifier radiant damage.
Miss: Half damage.

Paladin's Judgement

Daily * Divine, Healing, Weapon
Standard Action, Melee Weapon
Target: One creature.
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 3(W) + Strength modifier damage, and one ally within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge.
Miss: One ally within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Item                                       Cost    Weight
Basic Clothing                             free      ---                   
Dwarven Armor(plate,rimefire) +2        2,600gp     50lb
Heavy Shield                               10gp     15lb
Longsword,magical +2                    1,800gp      4lb
Standard Adventuring Kit                   15gp     33lb
Holy Symbol,magical +2                  1,800gp      1lb
Potions of Healing (heroic) x2            100gp      1lb

Dwarven Armor

Enhancment: AC
Property: Gain an item bonus to Endurance checks equal to the armor's enhancement bonus.
Power(Daily*Healing):Free Action. Regain hit points as if you had spent a healing surge.

Magic Weapon

Weapon: Any
Enhancment: Attack rolls and damage rolls.
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus

Magic Holy Symbol

Implement (Holy Symbol)
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls.
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus

Total Weight: 104lb (max weight: 130lb)
Treasure:
GP: 300
SP:
CP:
GEMS: [/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]
Size: Medium
Height: 6'-0"
Weight: 172lbs.
Hair Color: dark brown shaved in a military style
Eye Color: hazel
Apperance: Of an average build and looks Torath would not stand out in a coward. Unless the youth speaks and then he is diffently heard and seen. He wears the trappings of each of The Four living gods, and his holy symbol is unique as it has the markings of each one.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Torath was born in a small villiage on one of the isles of Imperia, his mother died at his birth and his father a fisherman had no time to raise a baby. So his father gave up the baby boy to monks of the Servants of The Four. The young boy was schooled and trained in the four virtues of the Great Gods. Torath was a pious youth, and devouted to his studies asking questons of everything, studing hard, and never giving up on a task. His belief in the powers of The Four and sheltered upbring has givin him a childlike few of the world. Torath believes the gods provide everything for everyone and nothing happens without them knowing. A few monks decided to give Torath a broader picture of the world, and a little more experience of life in the world at large. Torath was part of a guard force to protect pilgrims as they ventured to the four shrines, but the monks left the young man in Blackmoor with an almost impossible quest. Torath was givin the task of finding friends outside the moastery and protecting them until he was no longer needed. The problem was the first people Torath tried to befriend turned out to be murders (and of the king no less) and he was arrested along with them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Torath stat block]
Male Human Paladin 6
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:25, Fort:17, Reflex:17, Will:19 -- Speed:5
HP:64/64, Bloodied:32, Surge Value:16, Surges left:15/15
Initiative +3 -- Resist All: 1
Action Points: 1, Hero Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands, Bolstering Strike, Virtous Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Mettle, Divine Strength, Virtue, Strength of Valor, Shielding Smite, Dazzling Flare, Path of Destruction, Healer's mercy, Paladin's Judgment, Martyr's Retribution, Dwarven Armor
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Torath.jpg
    Torath.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Remove ads