• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rel's Faded Glory II (Thanks Old One) Final Update 7/14

Rel

Liquid Awesome
If I didn't have smartass friends, I'd have no friends at all...

I heartily appologize for taking forever to update. Lately other things have taken priority. But things are about to change!

First off, right about the time we ended the campaign, I had a birthday. For that birthday, I bought Star Wars d20. We decided to play a 3-session "mini-campaign" of Star Wars until Raven's player got his D&D campaign ready to go. So I spent most of my time in June reading and learning the SWd20 rules and running that game.

We had a lot of fun with it but it is over now and since I'm freed from my GMing responsibilities, I can focus on finishing the Story Hour. Also, tomorrow morning, my wife and baby are leaving on a 5 day trip to visit her grandmother. So that means Rel will be having some bachelor time that he can use to write Story Hour.

Anyhow, sorry again and expect several new posts by next Thursday.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Well gang, I wish I was posting with a massive update. Instead, I'm reduced to the old "good news/bad news" routine.

Bad news - I got laid off from my job. With a wife and baby to support, this has been a cause of concern (how's that for understatement of the year?). My prospects are not bad and I'm hopeful that I will find another job soon.

Good news - This certainly makes more time to write up story hours, eh? So, still look for an update before the end of the week. I'm hoping that by paying off that huge karmic debt that I'll get repaid by a good new job.

Lazybones

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Rel. Been there/done that, and I know that it's grueling both financially and emotionally/spiritually. We'll be rooting for you.

LB

Old One

First Post
You don't work for Worldcomm, do you?

Yea for more updates...

Boo for layoffs:p!

Rel -

Here's hoping for a speedy re-entry to the work world. What do you do? I know a few people in the R/D/RTP area...

~ Old One

ShawnLStroud

First Post
Layoffs

Rel said:
Well gang, I wish I was posting with a massive update. Instead, I'm reduced to the old "good news/bad news" routine.

Bad news - I got laid off from my job.

Rel;

I'm really sorry to hear that. I was laid off my job back in January and worked a temp job for about 3 months... Keep the faith. I know there's something out there for you -- 'cause there was for me, and I'm qualified to do nothing but cook, teach school and analyze data! :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Thanks for the well wishes, guys. It means more than you know.

Old One, I'm a commercial real-estate appraiser. If you know anybody in that field around here, I'd be a bit surprised because it is a fairly small community. But hey, stranger things have happened.

I'm not at all happy about this situation because I really like the place I work and the people I work with. Even my boss who fired me is a great guy.

But with the amount of experience I have, it shouldn't be too tough to get a new job in my field. And if I don't, who knows what I might do. Maybe I'll get into the lucrative field of "Game Design" :D . Actually, been there, done that and it is not lucrative at all.

Oh well, I'm gonna try to just keep a positive attitude. At the very least I'll get to spend a bit more time at home with my little girl for a few weeks.

Thanks again for your kind words and I promise there will be an update before the week is out.

Old One

First Post
You'd Be Suprised...

Rel said:
Thanks for the well wishes, guys. It means more than you know.

Old One, I'm a commercial real-estate appraiser. If you know anybody in that field around here, I'd be a bit surprised because it is a fairly small community. But hey, stranger things have happened.

I'm not at all happy about this situation because I really like the place I work and the people I work with. Even my boss who fired me is a great guy.

But with the amount of experience I have, it shouldn't be too tough to get a new job in my field. And if I don't, who knows what I might do. Maybe I'll get into the lucrative field of "Game Design" :D . Actually, been there, done that and it is not lucrative at all.

Oh well, I'm gonna try to just keep a positive attitude. At the very least I'll get to spend a bit more time at home with my little girl for a few weeks.

Thanks again for your kind words and I promise there will be an update before the week is out.

Rel -

I have 2 contacts with Duke-Weeks Realty Corp (a major national REIT and Developer), located in Morrisville, NC. Also, my stepmother is one of the top residential brokers in R/D/RTP and she networks with everyone.

Let me know if you want to give anything a shot.

~ Old One

Darklone

Rel, sorry to hear that.

Hope you're all doing fine and if not we simply ask around, someone in ENworld should be able to find a job for you :)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Re: You'd Be Suprised...

Old One said:

Rel -

I have 2 contacts with Duke-Weeks Realty Corp (a major national REIT and Developer), located in Morrisville, NC. Also, my stepmother is one of the top residential brokers in R/D/RTP and she networks with everyone.

Let me know if you want to give anything a shot.

~ Old One

Well, Old One, you are pretty well connected. I've got a few other prospects to try out but I might just take you up on that. Thanks!

Not to entirely hijack this list . . .

Rel
If Old One can get your foot in the door at Duke-Weeks, then go for it. I've seen plenty of appraisers/architects/etc move into developing due to higher $$$$$. You can do fine with that or appraising, but no sense in not checking all of your options.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads