request: Give "Level Up" its own forum

R_J_K75

Legend
There's been so many threads added under the Level Up forum in the last week that I cant keep track of them, so I stopped trying. D&D 5E was left vague in some places purposely, and some of the forum threads I've seen are asking that Level Up fill in gaps that don't need filling. At this point I'm only interested in official surveys regarding this project. I'm left wondering if its possible for even the project team can keep up with the amount of suggestions and the feedback generated by them?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's been so many threads added under the Level Up forum in the last week that I cant keep track of them, so I stopped trying. D&D 5E was left vague in some places purposely, and some of the forum threads I've seen are asking that Level Up fill in gaps that don't need filling. At this point I'm only interested in official surveys regarding this project. I'm left wondering if its possible for even the project team can keep up with the amount of suggestions and the feedback generated by them?
That's mainly what the surveys are for.

R_J_K75

Legend
That's mainly what the surveys are for.

I was referring to the Level Up threads, not the surveys. If the surveys are being generated by the forum threads and their feedback I was just stating that there seems like there is alot to go through.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I was referring to the Level Up threads, not the surveys. If the surveys are being generated by the forum threads and their feedback I was just stating that there seems like there is alot to go through.
We're not under any illusion that it's possible to read every forum post, or to even try.

CapnZapp

Legend
We're not under any illusion that it's possible to read every forum post, or to even try.
Most posts are made as part of an ongoing discussion, but some are meant as direct suggestions to the Level Up team. If there would be some way to know if a particular idea has been taken into consideration (whether accepted or discarded doesn't matter) that would be great.

A possible "blind spot" of survey-based feedback is that you get answers only to the questions you think to ask, but not to the questions you don't think to ask.

A humble suggestion would be to base at least one survey on forum thread topics taking up issues you haven't already asked about.

GlassJaw

Hero
I’m kind of thinking they will make a better game without our input.

Well that's the dilemma of any project. It's good to have a read on what people want but at some point, you have to turn off the noise and trust your design.

It also requires setting very clear design goals for yourself, otherwise you'll constantly be influenced by the masses and never finish anything.

Remove ads