D&D General Rethinking the class name "Druid".

Scribe

Legend
Less specific but still fairly "D&D" alternate name for Druid? Warden.

Yeah, some 4e players will go on about how Warden is a Nature Tank... but it still fits just fine. Especially given how many Wild Shape Tanks there are in the game.
That one always has me jump to 'prison' immediately. I know thats not what it has to be (Game Warden, etc etc) but yeah thats the association I have.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
How about not bringing the Paizo phylactery conversation here? There is already a thread talking about phylacteries and tefillins.

Pirates of Dark Water. A good choice. Geomancer would also work, though I am definitely partial to Ecomancer.
Geomancer would be my go-to if the goshdarned animal wildshape wasnt so prevalent in the class in 5e.

Less specific but still fairly "D&D" alternate name for Druid? Warden.

Yeah, some 4e players will go on about how Warden is a Nature Tank... but it still fits just fine. Especially given how many Wild Shape Tanks there are in the game.

Warden would indeed be my vote for the Druid.

Chanter or Herald for the Bard could be fine.

Champion for the Paladin (from PF 2e I think) is pretty cool sounding.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
I'm not sure I'd bother to rename the bard because I'm not sure I care enough about the bard to care if some version of it exists or not.

(I find music/sound magic too tricky to pull off in the text-based medium in which I usually play and am therefore unsatisfied with anything that would need to be called a "bard" or similar.)

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
That one always has me jump to 'prison' immediately. I know thats not what it has to be (Game Warden, etc etc) but yeah thats the association I have.
Still works fine.

Your settings wardens can be keeping something terrible imprisoned in the wildlands and keeping nosey people and expansionist civilizations from accidentally freeing it!

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
I'm not sure I'd bother to rename the bard because I'm not sure I care enough about the bard to care if some version of it exists or not.
I imagine it comes up as part of this conversation because of the historical connection between Druids and Bards. Two sides of the same coin and all that.

(I find music/sound magic too tricky to pull off in the text-based medium in which I usually play and am therefore unsatisfied with anything that would need to be called a "bard" or similar.)

I take it you've never had a player bring an accordion to your game. :) ;)

That aside, I do think the music aspect of bards is over-emphasized and the loremaster/storyteller bit underutilized.

Remove ads