Return to Northmoor IC

Redclaw

First Post
Orthanach here says someone on the boat is hurt, Breccan says. I don't know more than that, but the fact that she's run aground, we don't see anyone working to free her, and our godtouched senses injury leads me to fear the worst.

"I see. I guess a little prudence is in order. I trust your instincts. It's been a long time since I was a soldier, and while I haven't been shut away in a monestery, I haven't really been on the front lines in a while. I hired you for just such circumstances. What is it that you suggest?" His deference seems surprising to you, as he is the Captain, but his trust is apparent. "I would be a fool to ignore these kinds of things."

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Aiffe looked curiously downriver for another moment- then she grabbed one of the long barge-poles and moved to the front corner of the raft. She needed to focus most of her attention on the task at hand, that of getting the Cat in to shore properly; physical labor had never been her forte. Any attention she had left over was devoted to listening to the debate going on- you know, just in case...

Sparky

Orthanach steps gingerly into the canoe, slipping and landing hard in the bottom. He rights himself and moves to sit in middle, ears coloring. He studies the bottom of the boat carefully and rubs at the palms of his hands, one then the other.

"Orthanach! Speak up, boy! What has you so shaken up?! You seem as if you are about to soil yourself! I want to know why you are holding things up around here!" MacLynn's manner is back to all-business, and if he were a dog you might say that his hackles were up. There have been too many things that have happened this morning to make it easy for anyone to stay calm. "I was under the impression when I hired you all that you could handle what the river sent our way. Well, it is time again to prove it. I either need to know why I shouldn'e go down there, or I need to go down there so we can get that boat out of our path. What is the holdup?"

Sparky

Orthanach stoically endures MacLynn's temper. "I sense only pain, Master MacLynn. Not danger." The young man turns and cranes his neck at the stranded boat. "With no one on the decks, we're like to find danger as well." He takes a pole-staff proffered by Breccan. "I am ready to shove off."

"Well, if is that case, I think that we might approach this a little differently than I had thought. Seein' as how we can't go back upriver this time of year, and we can't go down river with that boat stuck down there, we should probably make sure we are in as little danger as possible."

The soft breeze brings the comforting smells of the river. The wind ripples the mostly flat water. The call of the grey hawk is heard from a large tree on the east bank.

Looking down the river at the other raft, it is hard to tell what is going on down there from this distance. With crates piled almost 12' high, it would be hard to see anyone working or hiding on the other side of the raft. Even with the eyes of the grey hawk, the boxes would make spotting any mischief would be difficult.

"Unless anyone has a better idea, maybe we should put the Cat ashore, and all head down river to see of we can dislodge that stuck boat. Any other ideas are definitely welcome. Leaving the Cat alone is not my favorite idea, but it ain't going nowhere until we move that boat down there, and I am thinking that we should stay together."

Lukeworm

First Post
Cian

“Maclynn you know the river better then anyone here, if you say that leaving the Cat beached is safe then it should be. We need to decide what to do soon or the current will bring us closer to that stuck boat.”

"Safe or not, doesn't much matter about the Cat if we don't get that other raft moved. Unless someone has a better plan, we will put the Cat ashore and look into the happenings on the other raft." MacLynn looks furtively downriver, then back to Cian. "Military tactics were never my thing, so you'll have to lead the approach. Don't just go shootin' everything down there neither. Even if the raft was taken by bandits, that doesn't mean that there aren't good men down there. Maeger and his crew are friends of mine. Odds are that he is carrying some of the finest Lindinis dark ale down to the Hole On The Water. If everything is OK down there, we might just trade Maeger a little labor on the river for some of that ale when we camp tonight. Don't get yourselves surprised, but don't be over-spooked neither. We need to know what happened, and then get the Cat safely to the Lost Village."

Remove ads