D&D 5E Revised core book wishlist

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
I like a lot of what has already been said in this thread.

-The PHB ranger & sorcerer sub-classes should get bonus spells & the Tasha's updates for them should be core
-Generally fix the four elements monk
-Better skill check rules to address conga-line skill checking
-Nerf the twilight cleric if it's in there
-Usable chase rules for DMG
-Mounted combat rules could be better as well tbh
-Better rules for making tool skills usable
-Classes should get an additional skill, tool, or language proficiency at every ASI level
-DMG should include an introductory level 1 adventure that holds the DM's hand and gradually introduces different kinds of encounters and rules
-Something - and I don't know what - should be tweaked with the long-rest/short-rest mechanics to alleviate the general "war of attrition/wear them down by denying rests" game dynamic. The "We want to long rest!/But you can't!" player/DM tension isn't particularly fun for either side.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Can we keep "what do you want" to guidelines they put out as "fully compatible". Which means no existing characters will need to change, so new options like Tasha's are in, but changing any existing features are strictly out.

So for instance adding new sorcerer subclass spells can be an optional add, like some of the purely additional features in Tasha's. And other features might have replacement options. But we won't see anything that exists today unable to be replicated 100%, so changes that would do that are off the table.

I want them to in general drop the Damage Save portion of Concentration, and only have it for some spells in a case by case basis, such that it's written in the spell's writeup itself if a Damage Save is required to maintain Concentation. That may make it such that it other things about a spell that might trigger a concentration check, instead of damage.

niklinna

satisfied?
I want them to in general drop the Damage Save portion of Concentration, and only have it for some spells in a case by case basis, such that it's written in the spell's writeup itself if a Damage Save is required to maintain Concentation. That may make it such that it other things about a spell that might trigger a concentration check, instead of damage.
Can you give some examples of what might trigger a concentration check?

Remove ads