• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA OOC Thread (ToEE) - CALLING MY PLAYERS!

Legildur

First Post
Hey Rhun, I know you like the players to make their own rolls, but I can't help but feel that things like Spot/Listen etc are best rolled by the DM. That achieves two things: speed of play (not waiting on players to make the rolls) and also the players don't see the results and so don't 'know' if the PC would have seen something or not. Does that make sense?

Rhun

First Post
Hey Rhun, I know you like the players to make their own rolls, but I can't help but feel that things like Spot/Listen etc are best rolled by the DM. That achieves two things: speed of play (not waiting on players to make the rolls) and also the players don't see the results and so don't 'know' if the PC would have seen something or not. Does that make sense?

It does. But I've found that A) players seem to like to roll the dice themselves, and B) it gives me more time when the players handle their own dice rolls. :) Also, without knowing the DC, you still won't know if you see or hear something.

At any rate, either way works for me. If you want me to roll for you, that is fine too.

Remove ads